UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor frosteyes
Visitor

Spartan3an + impact + problems in using flash for configuration data.

Hey

I have a Spartan3an board with the XC3S1400AN FPGA. It has an build in flash in 16 sectors, from address 0x000000 to 0x3FFC00. The first 4 sectors is of cause used for the bitstream to configure the FPGA. (The flash is usually setup for first and second bitstream and a small amount of user data space until sector 10).

I will use the user space sectors for configuration data. So I try to use Impact to generate a PROM file. I can nicely select spartan3an as storage target, the model as storage device and so on.

In the last part I say yes to “Add Non-Configuration Data Files”

The Impact window shows the flash setup nicely, and I can pick a bit file for the FPGA configuration and files for configuration data. The problem is, if I select an flash address higher then 0x20000 the following errors is recived.

ERROR:Bitstream:25 X bytes loaded up from <addr> would exceed promsize 0x200000.
ERROR:Bitstream:24 - Load address <addr> is above the maximum load address of 0x1fffff.

Where is the promsize / maximum load address defined?
Is there som other way to generate a file for the flash, which contains the bit file and the
configuration data in the flash?

Thanks ahead

Just as info. I use Xilinx
11.4 on a linux 64 platform.
0 Kudos