UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant sparky989
Participant

Vivado 2018.1 ILA Advanced Trigger - TSM Syntax for Counters

Jump to solution

I'm getting syntax errors in a Trigger State Machine script using the counters concerning conflicting matches on counters.

Here's an example.

• [Labtools 27-2066] Counter $COUNTER0 has a conflicting match value ==16'u0997 with previously defined value ==16'u0100 in . [V:/opt_cam_intf_top/opt_cam_intf_top.srcs/constrs_1/new/ultra_vjitter_advanced_logic_anal_trigger.tsm:403]

See the attached complete errors.tif file, and the attached TSM file.

Any idea what's wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant sparky989
Participant

Re: Vivado 2018.1 ILA Advanced Trigger - TSM Syntax for Counters

Jump to solution

The problem was that as stated in ug908 under counter conditions that "Each counter has only one counter comparator.  This measn that you can only use a prticular counter in a counter condition once in the entire trigger state machine.".

I had 4 counter comparisons so I had to create 4 counters that reset and count at the same times and use a different one for each unique count comparison.

1 Reply
Participant sparky989
Participant

Re: Vivado 2018.1 ILA Advanced Trigger - TSM Syntax for Counters

Jump to solution

The problem was that as stated in ug908 under counter conditions that "Each counter has only one counter comparator.  This measn that you can only use a prticular counter in a counter condition once in the entire trigger state machine.".

I had 4 counter comparisons so I had to create 4 counters that reset and count at the same times and use a different one for each unique count comparison.