UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer joe_miller
Observer

ila data logging

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to capture an 8 bit data value every second then after 32768 second the ila would be full and the data be available. Setting window size to 1 in 2017.4 does not work. A window size of 2 make the GUI very slow at the end. Any suggestions?

Regards Joe

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ila data logging

Hi @joe_miller,

The ILA collects data by samples and not by seconds. There's no option to select it to capture one sample per second.

The samples will be collected at the speed of the ILA clock. What is the clock speed for the ILA and for the logic you are probing?

I see one option possible:

If you have (or can make one) reference signal in your design which goes high and low once every second, you can configure the ILA to trigger on that signal and configure both the attribute "Window Data Depth" to one and the attribute "Number of Windows" to 32768. That will capture one sample for every window. For this to work, when creating the ILA, you will have to configure its memory to have a data depth of at least 32768 (the maximum is 131072 samples).

I recommend you first try with a data depth of only 1024 and a few windows to test it and see if it works 

Keep in mind that your 32768 seconds are equal to 9 hours of data capture, so yes, the GUI will be slow and busy capturing the data.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos