UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

libcsejtag.dll with Windows 10

Highlighted
Visitor

libcsejtag.dll with Windows 10

We have developed utilities with the libcsejtag.dll using a library supplied by Xilinx for use with the Platform Cable USB II.

They do not work with windows 10. Is there an update which will allow us to build for Windows 10 or some other path which continues to give us use of the Platform Cable USB II ?     (Installing Vivado does not appear to be useful in resolving).  Is there an updated library or API which will work?

Re: libcsejtag.dll with Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Hi @lharris,

Could you please take a look at this tread? Customer are reporting a procedure that was able to get the Platform Cable USB II to work with Windows 10.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/Xilinx-platform-cable-usb-is-not-working-in-windows-10/m-p/881940#M9537

Basically, the user @alexmoya reports the following steps:

1- Connect DLC10 to computer; in windows device manager it appears as "Xilinx Platform Cable USB" or something similar

2- Uninstall the cable driver ( with erase driver selected )

3- Uninstall Jungo driver ( with erase driver selected )

4- Disconnect DLC10

5- Delete c:\Windows\System32\drivers\windrvr6.sys; maybe you'll have to reboot in safe mode and erase the windrvr6.sys file manualy

6- Restart computer and open a command line with in admin mode

7- Go to <Xilinx install>\bin\ [nt|nt64] or <Xilinx install>[nt|nt64] with the command line and run

• wdreg -inf windrvr6.inf install
  • wdreg -inf xusbdrvr.inf install

8- Connect DLC10 again and now, you'll see cable driver in Devide Manager as "Xilinx USB Cable"; programmer's LED should turn on yellow.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor

Thank you for the suggestion.  All steps followed, but it did not help.  There were no .inf files in the vivado labtools installation so given the path structure provided (nt64 etc), I assumed it meant to run wdreg from my ISE 14.7 labtools.  I did not see a nt64 directory on vivado nor the inf files to install.

Typically I know everything is working if Impact can run.  If Impact can run (64 bits) then I know if there is an issue it is my issue.  Impact cannot run however. 

My other concern is that we are building with a library (13.2) from some years ago.  It's worked well though through win8.1.

Is there an update to the library available such that perhaps we can build with that and it would allow us to run the libcsejtag.dll API?

Kudos: 139
Solutions: 130

Try to run the install_drivers_wrapper.bat which can be found in \Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\

You can find the windows 10 drivers in that folder as well. Which vivado version you are using? We have added those drivers from 2017.3.

If it fails then share the log (install_drivers_wrapper.log) which will generated in the same directory where .bat is included.

Thanks
harshit
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.