cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

2020.1 Boot Failing

I'm attempting to re-create a petalinux package that a colleague created and put appropriate files under version control.  Everything works great for him, but when I try to recreate his build I fail to boot, trying to debug whats going wrong. We are building petalinux into a sysroots package and then generating a boot.bin in Vitis.

So I'm performing these steps to generate a petalinux package based on the configuration controlled items.

1. petalinux-build
  2. petalinux-build --sdk
  3. petalinux-package –sysroot

Then we do a build in Vitis to get sd card contents and load a ZCU102 with an SD card. I have boot.scr, boot.bin, and image.ub all in one partition on the sd card. If I get my colleagues petalinux images folder and build everything works. If I use the petalinux images I built with the steps aboven it fails with the messages attached.

Seems to be failing when executing the boot.scr contents. I notice my boot.scr and my colleagues boot.scr and different sizes which surprised us. Any insights? Any way to see what command is failing and causing the ' - try 'help'd ' syntax error message?

boot_fail.jpg
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

The boot.scr will try to boot the image.ub. It will try to use a selection of boot devices; sd card, qspi, tftp, usb, ect until it finds the image.

In uboot, can you ls in the mounted SD card (This will be mounted automatically), and make sure that the image.ub is there.

If so, then you can just use the uboot commands manually. For example:

• fatload mmc 0 0x1000000 image.ub
  • bootm 0x1000000

If this all boots, then the issue is the boot.scr

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your help!

I Cntrl-C'd a few times to hurry along to the ZynqMp> prompt. Once there I was able to execute the following and petalinux booted successfully.

• fatload mmc 0 0x2000000 image.ub
  • bootm 0x2000000

Based on your post I guess this means the issue is in boot.scr somewhere?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You can update the boot.cmd in your petalinux project dir:

project-spec\meta-user\recipes-bsp\u-boot\u-boot-zynq-scr

fdt_addr=0x1000
imageub_addr=0x2000000
kernel_addr=0x80000
kernel_offset=0x1E00200
kernel_size=0x7800000
kernel_type=image.ub

0 Kudos