UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor seandresen
Visitor

AXI DMA v7.1, SG multi channel, receive length?

Hi,

I'm using AXI DMA v7.1, configured as SG multi channel. The 2-D function is not needed, so VSIZE=1, Stride=0 and HSIZE=max_buffer_length in the S2MM descriptors. Reception works, but how/where can I see how many bytes were received? I was expecting HSIZE to be updated to the actual number of bytes received. According to this post from 2014, it is not possible to retrieve this number: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Networking-and-Connectivity/axi-dma-receive-frame-length-in-multi-channel-mode/m-p/472542#M6071. Is this still the case today? I'm having a hard time understanding that only (predetermined) fixed size packets are relevant for multi channel applications, and that all sizes are known in advance. Let's assume that a S2MM channel is connected to a network interface. Frame sizes could be "anything". Without multi channel, the size is reflected in the descriptor (S2MM_APP4.RX_Length), but the S2MM multi channel descriptor lacks this field. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

S.E.

0 Kudos