UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

AXI Lite Read

I have a developed my own AXI Lite IP and I am having some problems with read transactions. I have a Microblaze which I am using to do two reads. The first read completes fine but the second doesnt. I can see in simulation that the arvalid signal never goes high on the second. Although if I look at the AXI Lite Bus it seems to be setting this signal but not passing it onto my IP. I am a bit puzzled as to why the first should be ok but the second never start.

TIA

Jon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI Lite Read

If you used the create IP wizard that includes the axi ipif, my first guess is that you are not releasing IP2Bus_RdAck when Bus2IP_RdCE goes inactive. If you hold IP2Bus_RdAck active for another clock edge after rdce deasserts, you can cause problems.

0 Kudos
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

Re: AXI Lite Read

I actually created my own IP without using the wizard. The problem was that Iforgot to add the PROTOCOL parameter in the MPD file. I can only assume that the AXI bus thought that my IP was a AXI instead of AXI Lite.

0 Kudos