UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie jp55

Automating SDK builds

Hi,

I'm trying to create a build script for my C SDK project on windows.

I've checked here, but have been unable to find any help on building from the command line.

I then found this, and followed it's instructions, but it seems to just generate makefiles?  It doesnt actually create my .elf file.

(I created a .bat script version of it, and a .sh version run under cygwin.  The .sh version doesn't work, as it can't seem to find/use the java virtual machine on my windows computer)

So I've been thinking I can use that to generate a makefile for my project, and then call "make all" in cygwin to actually build the project and get my .elf file?

However this means I have to create symlinks so that the commands in the makefile call the right executables.  This seems like a messy way of doing things.

Am I going about this the right way, or are the commands described in the link supposed to actually build the project?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Automating SDK builds

to go from XPS to SDK, you can use psf2edward command. See page 43:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_man​uals/xilinx13_4/est_rm.pdf

To generate the application. You can use the appguru tool from command line. The appguru

will allow you to create the example designs (Hello_world, memory test, ect.) from the command line.

For help here, open an ISE shell and type appguru -help fro assistance using this.

Finally, to run libgen. again see the link above on page 87.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos