UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sksinha
Visitor

Baremetal development on cpu0 of ZU6EG

I just want to use cpu0 of ZU6EG for developing a bare metal applications. I am using SDK Eclipse to build my application.I unable to execute my application from RAM(DDR3) after downloading from JTAG interface. I can see all the 4 core in reset, but cannot make them to execute my application.

I can program qspi nor flash with sample applications(boot.bin) and execute my application from there(NOR Flash).

Do I need to load FSBL before loading my application ? I cannot use this workflow, as I need to do everything from JTAG and could not locate any information/example on this topic.

I am using Enclustra's Mercury XU1 PE1 board with ZU6EG board mounted on the board. I have used psu_init.tcl from sample ZCU102-ES2_hw_platform generated on the sdk 18.2 to make JTAG detect the processor.

Any information or help will be very great-full.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Baremetal development on cpu0 of ZU6EG

Hi @sksinha

Please let me know steps you followed to run.

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
Visitor sksinha
Visitor

Thanks for quick response. I have attached snapshot of steps that I have performed and outcome of run.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sksinha,

In the application tab of the debug config, you need to enable the 'Download' checkbox for a53_0. Otheriwse, elf will not be downloaded on to the target.

Also, copying psu_init.tcl from ZCU platform in SDK is not a good idea. You should use the tcl that comes with the HDF for your board

0 Kudos
Visitor sksinha
Visitor

Thanks for reply. Now, I have created hw_platform etc from vendors provided hds as mentioned and attached the output. But, still cannot execute my application. I can know select the application that needs to be downloaded.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sksinha

Were you able to download .elf file?

you are able to run but cannot see the output, is that the case? 

Verify COM port once.

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
Visitor sksinha
Visitor

Thanks again. I have attached another snapshot. PC does not seems to reach main (I have also placed a breakpoint just after main()).COM seems to be  fine and as I can see output if I allow to execute from qspi nor flash.

0 Kudos
Visitor sksinha
Visitor

Thanks for all the help. I think, problem was in some compiler setting(used source  provided by vendor).

I am able to load and debug code generated from sdk.

0 Kudos
Visitor sksinha
Visitor

Just one more thing. As per my understanding, FSBL and bitstream will go hand in hand.If that is the case, how to load fsbl when we will program our bitstream from jtag. I cannot see any options do that or it is not required ? 

0 Kudos