cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Can't access drivers from SDK

Jump to solution

I originally created this XPS project in 10.1.  I am now on 11.1, and trying to set up the SDK as the software build environment.  I have added my source to an SDK project, and specified the hardware definition xml file, built the software platform, etc.  However, I had two device drivers in a repository.  Any #includes referring to that code cannot be resolved.  I set the software repositories dialog in SDK to point to the directory which contains ./MyProcessorIPLib/drivers/....  (I'm pointing to ./ in this example)  This is what the help recommends you do.

However, any .h files I include from the drivers are not found by SDK during the build.  Do I have to explicitly add the driver folders to the project search path?  

Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Thanks,

Ryan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Can't access drivers from SDK

Jump to solution

Actually, I think I've solved the problem.

I did have the repository pointed to properly, but the missing step was that you *then* have to go back into Software Platform Settings, Find the relevant user drivers in the Drivers list, and then change the driver from generic to your actual driver name.  This driver name appears when you're pointing to the repository properly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Actually, I think I've solved the problem.

I did have the repository pointed to properly, but the missing step was that you *then* have to go back into Software Platform Settings, Find the relevant user drivers in the Drivers list, and then change the driver from generic to your actual driver name.  This driver name appears when you're pointing to the repository properly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Two years later, Xilinx 12.4, and this is still a manual step.

Only now after pointing to the right repository, you have to go to the Board Support Package Settings instead and manually change all the custom peripheral drivers from 'generic' to whatever the correct drivers are called.

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Using 14.4, and still had the same problem!   Thanks for the solution.

0 Kudos