UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rfsweitzer
Visitor

Can't build application project on Ubuntu using XSDK 2018.1

Just to compile a simple "hello_world" program I get the error

"Program "make" not found in path

1. I've added to the .bashrc file:

source /home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/settings64.sh

2. I installed via 'apt-get install' the following

lib32z1
lib32ncurses5
lib32bz2-1.0 // apt-get could not find
lib32stdc++6

3. In the SDK console the error is in a 'BIG' string. Paths separated by colon ':' Here is a list of what its complaining about.

Below is the 'BIG' error given by the SDK. It looks its specifying all the paths its looking into but if any are not there it triggers an error. I broke up the 'BIG' error into paths and researched if they were present. You'll notice some paths are not there.

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH
PATH=[
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin:                                              // found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_le/bin:        // found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_be/bin:      // not found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/arm/lin/bin:/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-none/bin:   // found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-linux/bin:                          // found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/armr5/lin/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin:                     // not found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/aarch32/lin/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin:                 // found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/gnu/aarch32/lin/gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi/bin            // found
:/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/tps/lnx64/cmake-3.3.2/bin::                                      // found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/bin:                                                                                // found
/home/rfsweitzer/Xilinx/SDK/2018.1/tps/lnx64/jre/bin:                                                          // found                                                     
/usr/local/sbin:                                                                                                                             // found
/usr/local/bin:                                                                                                                               // found
/usr/sbin:                                                                                                                                       // found
/usr/bin:                                                                                                                                         // found
/sbin:/bin:
/usr/games:                                                                                                                                   // found
/usr/local/games:                                                                                                                          // found
/snap/bin:                                                                                                                                       // found
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/bin:                                                                                                      // found
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/db/bin:                                                                                                // not found
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/bin                                                                                                 // found
]

Somehow I have this belief that installing such a big involved tool would setup all the paths, bring in all the needed tool chains. I'm spending all my time trying to fix the tool rather than getting to the code.

Please help
Thanks
Ralph

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Can't build application project on Ubuntu using XSDK 2018.1

Hi @rfsweitzer

Are you still facing the issue? If not wrong the SDK installation does not install make utility by itself and your Linux host machine should provide it.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos