cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Cannot edit BSP settings

Jump to solution

I am using Vitis IDE 2019.2.1, on Ubuntu 20.  I realize that Ubuntu 18 is the newest version supported.  Please let me know if it is simply Ubuntu version compatibility.  The "Board Support Package Settings" dialog box isn't working correctly.  If I select or double click a "Value" field, the text or combo control should go in edit mode.  With a text box, should be able to select the existing value and delete it, and see the characters that I type.  With a combo box, I should see the text go into edit mode and a drop down appear.

However, the text control never appears to go into edit mode.  It appears that the field is not editable.  But with enough random clicking and typing, I discovered my changes are going into affect.  I have to click the field to get scope.  Then double click on the field (no more than 2 clicks).  The mouse pointer will indicate edit mode, though the text control itself will not.  Then I blindly enter my value.  I can't see what I'm typing.  If I then press enter, or lose scope, my new value will appear in the field.  I see something similar with the combo box, though I do see a drop down.  The text box itself just doesn't have a visual indication that it is in edit mode.

It would appear that the text box is not providing positive visual feedback to the user that the control is in edit mode.  It is, in fact, in edit mode and does take user input.  You just have no indication until after you've entered it in and lost scope.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a known issue on ubuntu. You can make the changes manually to the make file

For example:

bsp_settings.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies

This is a known issue on ubuntu. You can make the changes manually to the make file

For example:

bsp_settings.PNG

View solution in original post

Observer
Observer

Is editing the Makefile directly the recommended workaround?  Isn’t the Makefile autogenerated?

0 Kudos

This makefile is created when you build the domain. So, you should be safe here. You can also pass this via the extra compile settings in the GUI

0 Kudos