Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themaltas
Visitor
Visitor

Cannot use library file xtmrctr.h in SDK. I am using a Zedboard

Jump to solution

Hello, I am a rookie graduate student trying to make some first baby steps in the FPGA field and hopefully direct my studies towards there.

What I am working on is this: I want to use the AXI Timer IP to time the arrival of a specific signal (generated by button BTNU manually for starters). SO, first I made the Block Diagram, connected everything, then I made constraints, yadda yadda, generated bitstream and exported hardware as supposed to. 

TLDR: In order to program the Zynq PS to operate the AXI Timer for me, I need to use the library xtmrctr.h which contains the functions that are necessary to handle the AXI Timer. When I try to invoke it in my C source code though, I get this error: "fatal error: xtmrctr.h: No such file or directory". I think it is because the library files do not exist under the ps7_cortexa9_0 subsection of the Project_bsp folder, which was supposed to occur automatically because of the Hardware Exportation (right? I am not sure about the last part).  I am totally stuck and after a couple of days cannot figure out a way to use this specific library without manually force-placing it in the appropriate folder (I don't know the implications of doing so and/or what else might be missing alongside, that 's why I haven't done so yet). What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something from the procedure when I export the files?

Please if you need more information about my design to help me, ask whatever you need.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
themaltas
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for the response.

I managed to work around this issue about 1 week full of frustration after posting here. I also had some help from a fellow student in my lab who is also working with fpgas.

For a reason I still haven't understood, the exported hardware platform was not being used, but another was being selected by the program by default. Thus, I deleted all existing hardware platforms and was able to generate the correct bsp folder afterwards. I 'm really getting to dislike the SDK tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stephenm

Yes, this should be in the ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ directory.

Can you right click on the BSP and select Board Support Package Settings.

Select drivers, and make sure the axi timer is listed here, and the driver is used (ie not set to generic)

0 Kudos
themaltas
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for the response.

I managed to work around this issue about 1 week full of frustration after posting here. I also had some help from a fellow student in my lab who is also working with fpgas.

For a reason I still haven't understood, the exported hardware platform was not being used, but another was being selected by the program by default. Thus, I deleted all existing hardware platforms and was able to generate the correct bsp folder afterwards. I 'm really getting to dislike the SDK tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @themaltas,

Glad to see that at least you found a way to solve the issue and you can work properly.

The hardware platform selected by the BSP is selected by the customer at the Application or BSP generation step, so I guess that at some stage you missed it. Nevertheless you should be able to see the HDF used by a certain BSP just in the SDK tab as in the bellow image.

Capture.JPG

Please mark your last post as solution in order to help others when they face similar issues.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
themaltas
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks, maybe I did something wrong at that point, indeed. 

0 Kudos