UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Simulating with QEMU on ZynqMP

Hi

I am working on this topic following the guideline in "http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/QEMU+SystemC+and+TLM+CoSimulation"

But I am stuck in the step 4. When I entered this command,

$ petalinux-boot --qemu --kernel --qemu-args "-hw-dtb ${QEMU-DEVICETREES}/LATEST/MULTI_ARCH/zcu102-arm.cosim.dtb -machine-path ./qemu-tmp"

it booted through and I got the linux login prompt without waiting for SystemC application,

Waiting for support, thanks in advance.

CJ

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Co-Simulating with QEMU on ZynqMP

I am confused. Where are you stuck? When you complete step 4, you should just be hanging at the PetaLinux login on QEMU. That is when you start the SystemC side, specifying the same directory for -machine-path in QEMU boot options as the path for SystemC option ./zynq_demo unix:./<machine-path from QEMU here>/qemu-rport-_cosim@0 1000000.

Is SystemC not starting properly?

0 Kudos

Hi

When I do the following command, it(QEMU) does not wait for connection from SystemC application. It goes through to login prompt.

petalinux-boot --qemu --kernel --qemu-args "-hw-dtb ${QEMU-DEVICETREES}/LATEST/MULTI_ARCH/zcu102-arm.cosim.dtb -machine-path ./qemu-tmp"

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi jeongc@taec.toshib.com,

Continues to follow the tutorial. The steps to run the SystemC side are mentioned after.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Visitor pichldom
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I run the PS part on QEMU (using the command you mentioned) and it goes to the login prompt. So I run the SystemC part in second terminal and it writes "Failed to connect to ./qemu-tmp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0, attempt to listen".

I believe I am missing something in running the QEMU part, because I don't get the "QEMU waiting for connection on: disconnected:unix:./qemu-tmp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0" which was mentioned in Running Software PS-PL Cosimulation post.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing this same issue. It Boots through and goes directly to login prompt. According to the tutorial it should be waiting for the connection right?

While it doesn't wait and when I continue on system C side, it fails to connect and gets stuck at 'attempt to listen'.

Did anyone find any solution for this?

0 Kudos
Visitor anakin1217
Visitor

Hi, this is because the qemu arguments has been overwritten by the petalinux tool. Try to git clone the qemu from the xilinx github and use the same command for the qemu. Then it should be run successfully.

0 Kudos