Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Create HDL Library with IP Packager

Jump to solution

I have two VHDL source files that I'm trying to package up as an IP in Vivado 2015.1.  file1.vhd contains code for a component design that will be the top-level for the IP, and file2.vhd contains code for sub-components that are instantiated in file1.vhd.  File1.vhd expects file2.vhd to be in a library called "library2" and adds it as such: "use library2;".  However, I've been unable to figure out what to do with file2.vhd in IP Packager so that file1.vhd will both recognize file2.vhd is in library2, and see and use library2.

I've tried:

- Packaging a directory containing both file1.vhd and file2.vhd, and setting file2.vhd's Library to library2 under the Libraries tab.  File1.vhd doesn't see library2, and the components in file2.vhd show in the IP Hierarchy at the same level as the top-level component in file1.vhd.

- Packaging file2.vhd as a library core, with Name library2 and Library library2, then trying to package file1.vhd as a non-library core.  File1.vhd doesn't see library2.

What steps do I need to take to accomplish this task?  Specifically, what do I do with file2.vhd so that it is in a library called library2, and file1.vhd can see and use that library?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi,

Try again assigning file2 to library2 and at top level declare libraries

library library2;

use library2.all;

See the screen shot in which axi_wINTR_v1_0_S00_AXI_inst vhdl file is assigned to library 2 in create and package wizard.

At toplevel wrapper mentioned the libraries as shown.

Regards

Praveen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

library_pacakge.jpg
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

Try again assigning file2 to library2 and at top level declare libraries

library library2;

use library2.all;

See the screen shot in which axi_wINTR_v1_0_S00_AXI_inst vhdl file is assigned to library 2 in create and package wizard.

At toplevel wrapper mentioned the libraries as shown.

Regards

Praveen

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

library_pacakge.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the reply.  I had already specified file2.vhd's library as "library2" as you suggested, but I needed to add "use library2.all;" after all instances of "library library2;" in the top-level HDL (it was in more than one location, probably due to the scope of the library command).  The components in library2 now appear correctly in the hierarchy.

0 Kudos