UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Custom IP infer slave port widths from master ports automatically

Hi,

when I create a AXI4 slave using the "Create And Package IP" wizzard the component will infer the port width for the user signals automatically:

ip_customize_parameters.png

When I create a custom component I want to have the same behavior for my component. I've looked at the component.xml and the xgiu .tcl files but I have no idea what I have change to get the described behavior.

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Custom IP infer slave port widths from master ports automatically

Hi Martin,

You can define parameters in such a way that one parameter depends on another parameter.

In IP customization parameters tab, Right click on parameter, select Edit parameter. Select the options as shown below and in the box provided write the relationship between the parameters.

Capture_pack1.JPG

Capture_pack2.JPG

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Custom IP infer slave port widths from master ports automatically

Hi Deepika,

thanks for your reply! When I look at the customization parameter dialog in the example implementation there doesn't seem to be a TCL expression:

So I still don't understand how the slave component automatically takes the value from the master component?

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos