Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fndlopez
Visitor
Visitor

Default test_peripheral example fails

Hi all,

I´m starting with Microblaze, and I´ve just found the first problems. I´m working with a SP601 board and I wanted to download the "test_peripheral" example that is available in the SDK. However, when the project is generated and compiled, and error ocurrers:

"region ilmb_cntlr_dlmb_cntlr is full"

"section .init [address range] overlaps section text"

....similar ones

"section .rodata lma 0x90 overlaps previous sections"

I´ve been having a look in the forum and in many threads people suggest to regenerate the linker script. I´ve done it, but with no success. I´m wondering why this is happening since it is the source autogenerated by the SDK. With other examples (HelloWorld, and so) it works fine..

Can someone give me a clue?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
4 Replies
uetze
Observer
Observer

Hi,

open EDK, go to Adresses and resize the space from 8k (i guess) to 16k for dlmb_cntlr,  ilmb_cntlr adjust automatically, export to sdk again and peripheral-test will work fine, I think.

regards

0 Kudos
pumaju1808
Scholar
Scholar

normally for test peripherals you should use external memory instead of BRAMs. So make sure your linker script address to external memory
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

All it means is that you don't have sufficient memory space to load and run your application. You can use a bigger external memory or a bigger LMB memory. SDK tries to pick the external memory if it is available, so I suspect your design doesn't have external memory.

0 Kudos
fndlopez
Visitor
Visitor

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your answer. All of you are rigth and the problem was related to the memory size. Now, after having resized the memory, it works fine

Thanks again!

0 Kudos