UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor frenz112
Visitor

EDK Installation

Jump to solution

I have Xilinx ISE Design suite 10.1 already installed in my computer but want to use EDK 9.1 as a few applications are posing compatibility problems with EDK 10.1. So I uninstalled EDK 10.1 letting other ISE design suite 10.1 features untouched and installed EDK 9.1 from my installation DVD. But when now I try an open EDK 9.1 certain command window appears displaying messaage...

$XILINX does not point to an iSE 9.1 installation

Press enter to close.

Do I have to uninstall the whole  ISE Design suite 10.1 before installing EDK 9.1??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: EDK Installation

Jump to solution

Hello.

For 9.1 version: 

Go to environment variable and in the System Variable give variable value as "installation_drive:\Xilinx91i" for variable name XILINX

and give variable value as "installation_drive:\EDK" for variable name XILINX_EDK.

Make sure the installation drive is same in both the cases.

In future if you have to switch back to 10.1 then

give variable value as "installation_drive:\Xilinx\10.1\ISE" for variable name XILINX

and give variable value as "installation_drive:\Xilinx\10.1\EDK" for variable name XILINX_EDK.

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

You don't have to uninstall anything (ISE 10.1 or EDK 10.1).

EDK 9.1 needs to work with ISE 9.1. If you also have ISE9.1 installed, please change the environment variable  $XILINX to point to the ISE 9.1 installation directory.

-XF

0 Kudos
Visitor frenz112
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'll install ISE 9.1 right now. Can you tell me how to change environment variable $XILINX (using windows XP). I just want to be sure I m doing it right. 

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello.

For 9.1 version: 

Go to environment variable and in the System Variable give variable value as "installation_drive:\Xilinx91i" for variable name XILINX

and give variable value as "installation_drive:\EDK" for variable name XILINX_EDK.

Make sure the installation drive is same in both the cases.

In future if you have to switch back to 10.1 then

give variable value as "installation_drive:\Xilinx\10.1\ISE" for variable name XILINX

and give variable value as "installation_drive:\Xilinx\10.1\EDK" for variable name XILINX_EDK.

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.