UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

EDK minimal file set

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I have an EDK project that I'd like to track using a version control system. For an EDK project, I used to keep only the .xmp and .mhs files, all others files being regenerated by the EDK.

However, my current project in using the axi_v6_ddrx module and will not regenerate if only the .xmp and .mhs files are provided. Trying to regenerate from only the .xmp and .mhs files leads to the following message:

Running UPDATE Tcl procedures for OPTION SYSLEVEL_UPDATE_PROC...

Invoking MIG ...

**** MIG is being invoked in batch mode without a PRJ file. This can fail. To create a PRJ file, run 'IP Configure' for sdram_0 instance, and complete the configuration.

ERROR:EDK:3900 - issued from TCL procedure "mig_invoke" line 77 sdram_0 (axi_v6_ddrx) - Batch mode invocation of MIG has failed with error code -1

ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors!

make: *** [implementation/proc_sys_reset_0_wrapper.ngc] Error 2

Done!

Now, even though I run the IP Configure command on that sdram_0 module, it doesn't work. I always get the same error messages.

Adding a new module from scratch only creates the __xps subfolder which contains files and a subfolder dedicated to the axi_v6_ddrx. But that's a lot of stuff and I'd really like to add the minimum files set required to the version control system.

Anybody knows which files I should minimally add to the repository to be able to regenerate the whole thing succesfully?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: EDK minimal file set

Jump to solution

Hello Yurig, Thanks for helping!

Doubting I was to get a clear answer, I investigated the issue. With EDK 13.3, the .xmp and .mhs files are enough for most situations. However, if the axi_v6_ddrx IP is used, the following files are also needed:

1. __xps/axi_v6_ddrx_0/mig_saved.prj
    2. __xps/axi_v6_ddrx_0/axi_v6_ddrx_0_xmdf.tcl

These are generated when the core is created. So when you want to just regenerate, the MIG doesn't create the files. You must save them. From those 4 files, XPS will be able to regenerate the entire project.

BTW, I'm using Subversion to control all my versions and it works very well. The most recent version of Subversion doesn't have a .svn directory in every subfolder. There is just a single .svn directory at the top-level of the working copy.  So when the tools delete the whole directory structure (ie project clean), no more problem.

Cheers!

Claude

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor yurig
Visitor

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Hello Yurig, Thanks for helping!

Doubting I was to get a clear answer, I investigated the issue. With EDK 13.3, the .xmp and .mhs files are enough for most situations. However, if the axi_v6_ddrx IP is used, the following files are also needed:

1. __xps/axi_v6_ddrx_0/mig_saved.prj
    2. __xps/axi_v6_ddrx_0/axi_v6_ddrx_0_xmdf.tcl

These are generated when the core is created. So when you want to just regenerate, the MIG doesn't create the files. You must save them. From those 4 files, XPS will be able to regenerate the entire project.

BTW, I'm using Subversion to control all my versions and it works very well. The most recent version of Subversion doesn't have a .svn directory in every subfolder. There is just a single .svn directory at the top-level of the working copy.  So when the tools delete the whole directory structure (ie project clean), no more problem.

Cheers!

Claude

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

For the newer versions of tools, keep:

mhs

xmp

data/*

etc/*   (excluding *.filters and *.gui)

pcores/*

The mig project should be found in the data dir as ...._saved.prj

In earlier versions of the tools (maybe edk10 or 11), the mig project was burried in _xps. But that was short lived and now _xps is always a generated project.

If you are working with earlier versions of edk that include software apps (instead of using SDK) you also need to include the source of your software and the .mss file.

If you get fancy with your design, then you will know that you need also include bsp/* and drivers/* and any other locations of repositories.

0 Kudos