UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

EDK simulation libraries

Hi there,

I am trying to compile my EDK simulation libraries using the EDK Simulation Library Compilation wizard.  I launch the wizard from inside EDK using the Simulation --> Compile Simulation Libraries menu. 

Once launched, on the 2nd options page of the wizard 'Select Simulator', the tool does not detect the simulator I have installed which is Modelsim 6.5b.  Instead, the wizard is looking for Modelsim 6.3c that is not installed on my machine.  As it cannot find the simulator, I cannot proceed to the next step.

Could somebody please tell me how and where EDK is searching to detect my installed simulator as it is clearly looking at a wrong variable somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

gems

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: EDK simulation libraries

Hi,

What is the version you are using for EDK?

Please check the path variables to make sure the right modelsim version is set up.

Example:-

PATH : C:\modeltech_6.5f\win32

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: EDK simulation libraries

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back.

I have the PATH environment variable set to include the modelsim 6.5b\win32 location but this does not work (environment variables were the first thing I checked).

What confuses me is that I do not have (or ever have had) modelsim 6.3c even installed on my machine so I don't know where it is getting that information from. Weird one - I must be doing something obvious wrong but just can't work out what.

I am using EDK 10.1 +SP3.

Cheers, gems

0 Kudos