cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in generating the Device tree for SDK 2018.2

Hi,

I'm running the 2018.2 tools for a Zynq UltraScale+ .  And I have a design that has a Video Procressing Subsystem IP block for scaling down the input resolution with the SDI camera as the input , I have sucessufully made the design in the Vivado 2018.2 but when I wanted to generate the device tree then I got the following error in the SDK log 

14:39:39 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Common 17-161] Invalid option value '' specified for 'object'.
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_vproc_ss::generate : ERROR: [Common 17-161] Invalid option value '' specified for 'object'.

while executing
"get_property IP_NAME $in_ip"
(procedure "::sw_vproc_ss::generate" line 61)
invoked from within
"::sw_vproc_ss::generate v_proc_ss_0"
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1442] Error(s) while running TCL procedure generate()

14:39:39 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1450] Error: running generate_bsp.

14:39:39 ERROR : Error generating bsp sources: Failed in generating sources
14:39:39 ERROR : Failed to generate sources for BSP project device_tree_bsp_0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error occurred while generating bsp sources. Please check the SDK Log view for further details.
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.internalGenerateBsp(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:178)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.access$2(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:163)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:131)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2240)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2267)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

Any idea regarding this kind of device tree error ?

Thanks 

Akshay

AKSHAY
0 Kudos
7 Replies
stephenm

Can you share the HDF file?

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Please find the attachement for the HDF file 

Another thing what I found is i made the same design in the 2018.1 and used a little old device tree where the device was generated.But when i use same device tree it was giving error in line 681

Regards

Akshay 

AKSHAY
0 Kudos
malburgj
Contributor
Contributor

What was the solution for this? akshay.bhat@iwavesystems 

0 Kudos
malburgj
Contributor
Contributor

I get a similiar error (i.e. Invalid option value '' specified for 'object') when trying to create the device-tree for a design containing the SDI TX subsystem IP.  I believe the error is a result of how the IP block is connected (i.e. the VID_IO_IN is no being driven by an "allowed" source) based on the rest of the error message: 

| ERROR: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_sdi_tx::generate : ERROR: [Common 17-161] Invalid option value '' specified for 'object'.
|
| while executing
| "get_property IP_NAME $connected_ip"
| (procedure "::sw_sdi_tx::generate" line 34)
| invoked from within
| "::sw_sdi_tx::generate v_smpte_uhdsdi_tx_ss_SDI_A"
| ERROR: [Hsi 55-1442] Error(s) while running TCL procedure generate()
| hsi::generate_target: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:07 ; elapsed = 00:00:11 . Memory (MB): peak = 788.984 ; gain = 17.207 ; free physical = 2579 ; free virtual = 54054
| generate_target failed
| while executing
| "error "generate_target failed""
| invoked from within
| "if {[catch {hsi generate_target -dir $project} res]} {
| error "generate_target failed"
| }"
| (file "/home/fpga1/petalinux/spu/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/dtgen.tcl" line 38)

I noticed the DTG wiki page said this under the Limitations section: 

DTG supports the video pipeline generation based on the internal TRD designs as mentioned in the wiki 

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/25329832/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+VCU+TRD+2018.3

If there are any custom IPs connected between the video pipeline IPs DTG wont support those, user may need to add the input and output ports.

But I'm relatively new to device trees, so I'm not sure how to "add the input and outputs"

I also cloned the latest DTG from github (which included some 2019.1 folders) and was able to successfully generate the dts and dtb files so maybe this is an issue in 2018.3 that will be fixed in 2019.1?
0 Kudos
stephenm

I took your HDF and I created the devicetree manually. You can see my script, and result below:

Capture.PNG

The issue here can be seen in the highlighted code:

code.PNG

So, basically the code here is getting all the IP that is connected to the axis_subset_converter interface on the vproc_ss IP. It is then getting the IP_NAME of this IP.

However, in this case there is no IP detected. Can you show a screenshot of the vproc_ss axis_subnet_converter connection in your Block Design so I can see what the issue is?

malburgj
Contributor
Contributor

@stephenm should I start a new thread for my issue (I can't generate DTS because of how TX SS is connected )?

0 Kudos
stephenm

Yes, open a new thread and post the HDF please

0 Kudos