Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrygmoss
Contributor
Contributor

Error when updating hw_platform

Jump to solution

I'm working on modifying an older Zynq design running Vivado/SDK 2016.4 under Windows 10. Whenever I export the hardware from Vivado after an update, I get the following occurring in SDK:

11:33:49 INFO : SDK has detected change in the last modified timestamps for source hardware specification file Source:1537204296833, Project:1537064819833
11:33:49 INFO : Project dm_buffer_top_hw_platform_0's source hardware specification located at C:/Redlen/dbl/DM_Buffer_20180915/DM_buffer/DM_buffer.sdk/dm_buffer_top.hdf is now different from the local copy.
The local copy will be replaced with the source specification and your workspace will be updated.
11:48:22 INFO : Copied contents of C:/Redlen/dbl/DM_Buffer_20180915/DM_buffer/DM_buffer.sdk/dm_buffer_top.hdf into \dm_buffer_top_hw_platform_0\system.hdf.
11:48:25 ERROR : Failed to openhw "C:/Users/Barry Moss/AppData/Local/Temp/system3691346382239457764.hdf"
Reason: wrong # args: should be "openhw <hw-proj | hdf-file>"

So it looks like the synchronization of hardware to software starts OK. But I don't understand why it is trying to open an hdf file in a temporary folder and why there would be a wrong number of arguments when this operation is generated by SDK itself without user intervention? Is there a fix for this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barrygmoss
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like there is some bug where SDK does not like having a space in the path, despite the path being enclosed in quotations. It treats it as two separate fields. I was able to fix it by going into my environment variables and changing my temp path to "C:\temp"

Regards,

Barry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi @barrygmoss,

Did you made any progress on this? As you said I would expect SDK to open the HDF file within the HW platform after being copied from workspace folder.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
barrygmoss
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like there is some bug where SDK does not like having a space in the path, despite the path being enclosed in quotations. It treats it as two separate fields. I was able to fix it by going into my environment variables and changing my temp path to "C:\temp"

Regards,

Barry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos