UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Exporting Hardware to SDK 2014.3 from ISE 14.7

Jump to solution

Hey All,

Since my project still deals with the ISE tool flow , I have not yet migrated to vivado. I am currently using ISE version 14.7 (SDK 14.7 naturally..) But I was thinking of installing the standalone SDK version 2014.3 ( the latest SDK release ). Can I still export my designs from ISE 14.7 to SDK 2014.3 ? If yes , what changes do I have to make in my ISE environment ? I ask this because when I export hardware design to SDK it naturally launches SDK 14.7. Is there a way to explicitly make the ISE export design files and launch  SDK 2014.3 ? 

Thank you

Kind Regards

Arvind

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Exporting Hardware to SDK 2014.3 from ISE 14.7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried to use export hardware to XML in ISE/XPS?

Once this is done, launch SDK and select a folder for workspace.

• Once SDK is launched, use file --> new --> other --> xilinx --> hardware specification file.
  • Create the project name
  • Use the browse option to source the XML generated by XPS

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried to use export hardware to XML in ISE/XPS?

Once this is done, launch SDK and select a folder for workspace.

• Once SDK is launched, use file --> new --> other --> xilinx --> hardware specification file.
  • Create the project name
  • Use the browse option to source the XML generated by XPS

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am ofcourse aware of this method. Darn I see the mistake in my thinking. I was under the impression the export hardware design to SDK did more than just export a xml file. ( Eg the ps7_init files..) My mistake.

Thanks.
Regards
Arvind
0 Kudos
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I want to use my standalone working EDK project in ISE. When I work in EDK I can see that all GPios are working as written  in SDK application. However, after implementing that project as a sub module in ISE it doesn't work. I am pretty sure that clock, reset polarity and elf file are correctly choosen and connected. Would you please tell me how I can solve such problem?

I am working in ISE14.7 - EDK & SDK are also 14.7 -

Would you please tell me how one can export hardware to xml in ISE? - I know how to do it in EDK -

Thanks,

Regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Hey Hossein,

The process of exporting to the xml is the same in ISE. If you have instantiated your embedded design as a sub module in ISE then just select the processor submodule. When I mean select the processor submodule I mean the Embedded processor not the top level generated HDL source. If you select the processor you get an option called export hardware design to SDK with Bitstream. This generates the XML file in the SDK_Export directory of your XPS design. Just like how it works when you do it in the stand alone EDK project I am guessing.

See the attachment

As  far as why the design is not working when you create a submodule in ISE, well that can be anything. Not sure if that is related to the process of exporting the design. May be you didnt instantiate the EDK module correctly.

Hope it helps

Arvind

Export to SDK.jpg
0 Kudos