Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

Hello World Build Error 101120 Vivado 2014.1

Jump to solution

I am having problems building my first application for the Zynq ZC702 Eval Kit using Vivado 2014.1 (tried 2014.4 as well). I am following the video tutorial from the Xilinx website but every time I add a new application in the SDK it has problems building it, it doesn't matter what application I select. The console looks like this:

13:26:40 **** Build of configuration Debug for project ZCDemoHello ****
make all
Building file: ../src/helloworld.c
Invoking: ARM gcc compiler
arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../ZCDemoHello_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/helloworld.d" -MT"src/helloworld.d" -o "src/helloworld.o" "../src/helloworld.c"
0 [main] sh 7212 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
316 [main] sh 7212 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to sh.exe.stackdump
make: *** [src/helloworld.o] Error 101120

13:26:40 Build Finished (took 180ms)

It appears the ARM compiler generates an access violation. I have Visual Studio 2012 and Android Studio installed on this same development computer. Could it be that the path is not correct due to other installations? I followed the Vivado installation instructions to a tee (at least twice!).

PATH:

----------

PATH=C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card;;C:\Program Files (x86)\SICK\3D Cameras\icon\lib;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1
\065\tbb\intel64\vc9\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\065\ipp\em64t\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\065\lib\Intel64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\065\lib\ia32;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\065\mkl\em64t\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\In
tel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler;c:\USNR\HighGrader\Bin;C:\Tornado2.2\Host\x86-win32\Bin;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x
86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Riverbed\Steelhead Mobile\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Instal
ler\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools\Best Practices Analyzer\;C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\;C:\Program Fil
es (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Private
Assemblies\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShe
ll\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\12
0\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Inte
l(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT

----------

I have searched the forums for days now and have not come up with anything that can solve this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

Finally figured out the problem... if anyone is interested... it seems that an old Tornado compiler shares some executable names as Xilinx and because Tornado was in PATH ahead of Xilinx the wrong application was being executed during build. Once I renamed the Tornado folder the problem went away.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Do you have a chance to check this on any other machine , just to confirm if this is happening because of other software installed or incorrect install?

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

I installed Vivado on another computer that doesn't have other development tools and it seems to allow me to build the Hello World application. My though is that the Android Studio IDE and associated compilers is causing the problem because it probably sets up Arm compiler settings as well. I will uninstall Android Studio and try again.

0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Good to know that testing on other machine allowed you to build the application.

uninstalling other software(Android Studio) and verifying this is a better idea.

Let us know if that help.

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

I uninstalled Android Studio and reinstalled Vivado 2014.4 and now Hello World builds properly. There must be some incompatibility with Android Studio since they both use the Arm compiler.

0 Kudos
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

My mistake... I did not go far enough in the tutorial to prove that Android Studio was the problem... I am still getting the same error on Hello World and the Peripherals Test applications when I try to build them. What can I do next to narrow this down?

10:50:39 **** Build of configuration Debug for project ZC702DemoHello ****
make all
Building file: ../src/helloworld.c
Invoking: ARM gcc compiler
arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -MT"src/helloworld.o" -I../../ZC702DemoHello_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/helloworld.d" -MT"src/helloworld.d" -o "src/helloworld.o" "../src/helloworld.c"
0 [main] sh 9288 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
268 [main] sh 9288 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to sh.exe.stackdump
make: *** [src/helloworld.o] Error 101120

10:50:39 Build Finished (took 250ms)

0 Kudos
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

I have attached a screen shot...

VivadoSDK.png
0 Kudos
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know what error 101120 means??? Is there not a list of errors somewhere? Can we even determine where the error is coming from? Anything to go on?

0 Kudos
scwoods751
Contributor
Contributor

Finally figured out the problem... if anyone is interested... it seems that an old Tornado compiler shares some executable names as Xilinx and because Tornado was in PATH ahead of Xilinx the wrong application was being executed during build. Once I renamed the Tornado folder the problem went away.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos