Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

How can I simulate a project in EDK?

Jump to solution

Hi.

I have a question!

I do know simulation in EDK.

I have searched web. but I can not get a manual about simulation.

If you know or have manual, Please link a web or teach me how to simulate a project in EDK.

My EDK version is 12.4

Plz help me

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
In XPS, you can select Project -> project options. Under the design options tab you can tick the create test bench template. If you want to simulate with your software application, you can add the elf file under edit -> add elf file. If you are using isim (the default Xilinx simulator) the simulation libraries will be pre-compiled. If using a third party simulator you will have to compile the libraries under edit -> preferences, choose the simulation of the left. Here you will need to provide the path to the simulator exe, and manually compile the libraries. Once this is done, you can generate the HDL simulation files, under simulation, then launch the simulator.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer
Observer

I have more question.

How can I set test bench in EDK??

Plese help me

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
In XPS, you can select Project -> project options. Under the design options tab you can tick the create test bench template. If you want to simulate with your software application, you can add the elf file under edit -> add elf file. If you are using isim (the default Xilinx simulator) the simulation libraries will be pre-compiled. If using a third party simulator you will have to compile the libraries under edit -> preferences, choose the simulation of the left. Here you will need to provide the path to the simulator exe, and manually compile the libraries. Once this is done, you can generate the HDL simulation files, under simulation, then launch the simulator.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Thank to your reply.

Have a nice day ^^

0 Kudos