UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer moberg
Observer

How do i start the Base System Builder in 14.7

Hi. I want to use the Base System Builder in XPS 14.7 but I don't know how to start it. I don't get a prompt on startup (whether my XPS project is empty or not) and there is no menu item "New BSB project" under "File". What do I do?

Background:

I have created a project and an FPGA design in planAhead. Now I wnt to try this on my Zynq (xc7z020 clg484) in conjunction with a processing system (7). I create a new embedded source, and XPS starts up. A dialog windows shows up stating that my XPS project is empty and asks if I want to add a blank processing system. I have tried both yes and no, and in neither case do I get a prompt asking if I want to use BSB. (If I choose to not add a blank PS7 the same dialog sindow will show up if I restart XPS).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: How do i start the Base System Builder in 14.7

Did you follow the steps in zynq ctt? It should be pretty straightforward.

check chapter 2
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug873-zynq-ctt.pdf
0 Kudos
Observer moberg
Observer

Yes I did.

The CTT states that when XPS starts after creating a new sub system (new embedded soruce):

"In the dialog box opens to ask if you want to create a Base System using the BSB wizard, click Yes."

However, this dialog box does not show. Instead I get a dialog box with the following content:
"This project appears to be a blank Zynq project. Do you want to add Processsing System7 instance to the system?" No/Yes

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Refer to http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Problem-to-start-XPS-BSB/m-p/347359/highlight/false#M28002

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer moberg
Observer

Not a pretty solution, but thanks...
0 Kudos
Observer moberg
Observer

Although... When I open xps standalone to create my PS with the BSB. After choosing use the BSB (Create New Project Using Base System Builde) at the welcome page and then choosing a project file for the project, xps closes. It creates a project folder with the folders

• data
  • etc
  • pcores
  • __xpos
    • ise
      • _xmsgs

All folders are empty except ise that contains a file called "xmsgprops.lst" which is empty (0 bytes).

What do I do?

0 Kudos