UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor liao7wei
Visitor

How to program the .bin file into the parallel flash on ML507 borad by using the XPS?

Jump to solution

hello everyone ,

I do a work on the ML507 board .I use xilinx ise 12.4. I want to program  the .bin file into the parallel flash by using the XPS. I don't find the right way to do it . I  have nothing but the .bin file provided by institute. 

I open the XPS, and choose “Program Flash Memory” from the menu. It doesn't  work. 

I really need help.

best regard 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to program the .bin file into the parallel flash on ML507 borad by using the XPS?

Jump to solution

hi,

since you are using ml507, would that be possible to use one of the existing reference systems to check if the board is fine

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml507/ml507_11.1_1/standalone_apps.htm

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: How to program the .bin file into the parallel flash on ML507 borad by using the XPS?

Jump to solution

Check this XAPP. This might help

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1106.pdf

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Refer to page 26 of  http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug348.pdf  to program  the .bin file into the flash by using the XPS.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

if you would want to start creating your own .bin files, you can refer to the example designs available here.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml507/ml507_12.1/standalone_apps_ppc440.htm

--hem

0 Kudos
Visitor liao7wei
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Pratham,

When I open the system.xmp file in XPS, and go to the "Device Configuration"/"Program Flash Memory" menu and proceed, it causes the error.

*************************************************************************************

Conversion to XML complete.
Executing xmd script : D:/Xilinx/12.4/ISE_DS/EDK/data/xmd/flashwriter.tcl
Flashwriter starting...
Sourcing etc/flash_params.tcl...
* Connecting to target...
JTAG chain configuration
--------------------------------------------------
Device ID Code IR Length Part Name
1 d5059093 16 XCF32P
2 d5059093 16 XCF32P
3 59608093 8 XC9500XL
4 0a001093 8 System_ACE_CF
5 632c6093 10 XC5VFX70T
Error Executing xmd Script : D:/Xilinx/12.4/ISE_DS/EDK/data/xmd/flashwriter.tcl
Error :: ERROR: PowerPC405 Version UNKNOWN. The PowerPC405 Config String is NOT Valid
: 0xffffffff

Done!

************************************************************************************

I can't address  the problem. I need your help.

Best Regard !

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

since you are using ml507, would that be possible to use one of the existing reference systems to check if the board is fine

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml507/ml507_11.1_1/standalone_apps.htm

--hem

0 Kudos
Visitor liao7wei
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos