UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie hangun34

How to simulate Microblaze without FPGA

Hello there. I am very new to FPGA and soft processors. I want to make some simple Image Processing simulations on Microblaze or on any other soft processor but I do not have any FPGA boards. Is it possible to do such thing? If possible can you provide me some resources?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar dgisselq
Scholar

Re: How to simulate Microblaze without FPGA

@hangun34,

You should be able to run the Vivado simulator without having a board.  The Vivado web-pack is freely downloadable, so that should be one approach.

If you are interested in other CPUs, then you might wish to consider the RISC-V CPUs, such as the picorv32, or the OpenRISC CPU known as mor1kx.  Alternatively, you can find instructions for running a ZipCPU in simulation here, as well as playing 4x4x4 Tic-Tac-Toe on it--still in simulation.  Xilinx boards featuring the ZipCPU include the Arty A7 and the Nexys Video board.  Each of these designs may also be simulated without the hardware.

Dan

0 Kudos
Newbie hangun34

Re: How to simulate Microblaze without FPGA

At first thank for your help. I am going to dig in to those resources you provided.

0 Kudos