cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to step through the Zynq FSBL?

Jump to solution

I am attempting to step through the FSBL code that I built as part "Booting Linux from QSPI Flash" in section 5.2.5 of the document ug873_zynq_ctt.pdf (Zynq-7000 EPP Concepts, Tools, and Techniques).  I need to step through the actual FSBL code instead of sourcing the p7_init.tcl from XMD and running ps7_init.

After powering on the board, launching the SDK and connecting the terminal.

I right click on the zynq_fsbl_0 project and select “Debug As” “Launch on Hardware” or “Debug configurations” and in either case I get the following internal runtime error.

Any suggestions on the steps I should be using to step through the FSBL?

I could not find any wiki examples of this procedure.

rickster
Tags (3)
zynq_fsbl_int_error.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I finally had the chance to repeat my steps using the Xilinx version 14.2 tools and recreated a FSBL bootloaderfor the Zynq starting in PlanAhead, creating the hardware in XPS and then creating the FSBL in SDK.  After doing so, I can now debug the FSBL starting from main.  To start from reset (0x0), I had to reset the PC to 0, a breakpoint at prestart or boot didn't work for me.

Apparently there is an issue with debugging the FSBL in the 14.1 tools.  Not the steps to create the project and hardware system were slightly different in 14.2 but you can still follow them pretty easy.

rickster

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dynamic7
Visitor
Visitor

I got the same problem, anyone can help us?

0 Kudos

I finally had the chance to repeat my steps using the Xilinx version 14.2 tools and recreated a FSBL bootloaderfor the Zynq starting in PlanAhead, creating the hardware in XPS and then creating the FSBL in SDK.  After doing so, I can now debug the FSBL starting from main.  To start from reset (0x0), I had to reset the PC to 0, a breakpoint at prestart or boot didn't work for me.

Apparently there is an issue with debugging the FSBL in the 14.1 tools.  Not the steps to create the project and hardware system were slightly different in 14.2 but you can still follow them pretty easy.

rickster

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
dynamic7
Visitor
Visitor

That's really a good idea. thanks a lot.

0 Kudos