UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor i.newton
Visitor

How to use OpenCV on zc702 board

Hi, I'm trying to implement image stitching on zynq7000 fpga board (zc702 or zedboard). I have the OpenCV code that works on my PC. Now i have no clue about how to port the same on to the board and then use the fpga to accelerate that. Any kind of leads or step by step procedure to this is highly appreciated. Thankyou.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: How to use OpenCV on zc702 board

The first things to do are investigate Vivado HLS (free, included with any moderately recent version of Vivado) and read XAPP1167.

The key thing you're going to find is that while Xilinx has provided functions to accelerate parts of OpenCV, they're generally the "easy" parts (things like image convolution). The more complex functions are not available in accelerated form. As such, to accelerate those on the FPGA, you're going to have to implement them yourself. This will require a detailed understanding of (a) how the function works, and (b) how the FPGA works. Matching one to the other can be tricky.

Highlighted
Visitor i.newton
Visitor

Is there any links on how to install linux with OpenCV on the board and run it? I'm going step by step and will check about accelerating it later. Thanks. Great Help.
0 Kudos
Observer joancab
Observer

To install opencv on a linux distro, there are some guidelines in opencv.org 

Visitor i.newton
Visitor

Hey, can you share some link on how to boot linux on the board? Thanks

0 Kudos
Observer joancab
Observer

The best collection of tutorials, papers, guides, articles, etc. about building a linux for Zynq you can find is probably here:

www.google.com
0 Kudos

you get OpenCV to the board by enabling OpenCV in petalinux-config -c rootfs

then petalinux-build compiles opencv for your board and places the libraries.
i had the problem that the initramsdisk was not sufficent then ...so icopy the opencv libs after bootup from sd card

with that your openCV code works like on the desktop. (you have to add also the headers and libs in SDK when compiling your app)