UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lianpeng26
Visitor

I want to debug an ELF file using SDK without creating a C/C++ Project

now,i have an elf file and a ps_init.tcl file, I want download this elf file to ZYNQ ARM,but I don't kown how can i do it. I find the FQAs:“I want to debug an ELF file using SDK without creating a C/C++ Project. How do I do that?”, but when follow this to five step , I  select Run->debug Configurations,can't find the tab "Remote Debug options".my SDK version is 2017.4

my question is:
1,where can I find the Remote optios tab?
2,I just want download the elf to local ZYNQ ARM, why i need the gdbserver port and hostname?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: I want to debug an ELF file using SDK without creating a C/C++ Project

Hi @lianpeng26 

Reviewing the FAQ I would say that the fifth point regarding the requirement of remote debug is not accurated not necessary. Debugging an ELF without any C/C++ project can be done straight away without even importing the ELF to SDK.

Generate a System Debugger debug configuration in a "Attach to running target" debug type and use a custom script like the one bellow for initializing the device with your psu_init script and download you ELF file.

connect
source ./ps7_init.tcl
targets -set -nocase -filter {name =~"APU*"}
rst -system
after 3000
targets -set -nocase -filter {name =~"APU*"}
ps7_init
ps7_post_config
targets -set -nocase -filter {name =~ "ARM*#0"}
dow hellozynq.elf

image.png

Additionally if you have a hardware platform project in your workspace you can also use the "Standalon application Debug" type in the debug configuration that allows you to use the GUI to select different initialization options (rather than manually setting on a script).

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos