UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

IP update in IPI breaks out-of-context per ip synthesis in Vivado 2015.3

HI, 

I am developing an IP used in a block design. Since 2015.1, Vivado introduces out-of-context per ip, which has saved me a lot of turnaround time. So I normally just update the IP, then validate the design and mark all the ooc synthesis as up to date, so that it will only resynthesize the new IP. However, after upgrading to Vivado 2015.3, the block design will change the name of the all the IP used in the block design after validation. For example, I have an IP called A, first time I generate the block design, it will be called A_0, the second time I generate the design, it will be called A_0_0. As a result, the ooc synthesis run will be invalid since the IP name has changed. So now even I just update one IP, I have to regenrate the whole block design which has more than 100 IPs. Is there any way to keep the name as before? 

Thanks,

Jimmy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor terry_nyh
Visitor

Re: IP update in IPI breaks out-of-context per ip synthesis in Vivado 2015.3

I have the same question.

UP

0 Kudos