UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to launch SDK from a workspace created using XSCT?

Hi,

I've got a project I want to debug using the SDK and the XSCT reference guide seems to hint that this is possible but I can't find any useful instructions.  Here's the part of the ref manual that states it should be possible:  https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_1/SDK_Doc/xsct/use_cases/xsct_switch_between_xsct_ide.html

Secondly, I tried debugging with XSDB but the examples such as setting a breakpoint on &main fail.  I was hoping to avoid having to debug this flow and just launch the SDK but got lost in the web of documentation.

xsdb% bpadd -addr &main                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        xsdb% Info: Breakpoint 0 status:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            target 3: {At col 5: Undefined identifier main. Invalid expression}                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Is it possible to launch SDK from a workspace created using XSCT?

There is two ways to create executables from command line in XSCT; using the SDK commands, or HSI commands. The SDK commands will create an eclipse based project that you can open in SDK GUI. If created via HSI you will not.

You can use the XSCT help for info

0 Kudos

Thanks.  I was more looking for the steps to load the project.  I've since had another go and the issue is that when you launch the SDK in the chosen workspace, it opens with the generic welcome page and nothing else open.  I was expecting to see the project view.  Then when you try to open a project, everything is greyed out as it's already loaded behind the scenes.

0 Kudos

Are you saying that you have created a worksoace in XSCT, and then you use the command xsdk -worspace <path to your workspace), and this doesnt work?

0 Kudos