06-08-2009 01:29 AM
I am a newbie to FPGA development I have been working on verilog and was succesfull in working with some of the peripherals present on the board.My requirement now is to work with the PS/2 Keyboard present on the board(Spartan-3A Starter kit) using the BSB.
So can anyone help me in writing a c code for this or if any links to tutorials which will guide me do this.
Thanks in advance.
06-08-2009 01:53 AM
If you want to use on-board ps/2 connector to use a keyboard then in EDK you have to import xps_ps2 interface IP into system assembly.
You need to just drag it from IP catalog to system assembly and then in Ports u have to connect clock and data pin to external.
Then run all synthesis and your FPGA on-board is ready to use PS/2 connector to connect keyboard.
06-08-2009 02:20 AM
Hey sachin thanks for your reply. I am new to this so can you elaborate on how to import xps_ps2 interface IP into system assembly.
06-08-2009 02:33 AM
As said by you i have followed the steps, but there is no such interface called xps_ps2 interface in the IP Catalog. Just to inform you i am working on Spartan 3A Starter kit and the ISE or EDK version i am using is 9.2i.
06-08-2009 03:06 AM
It is as simple as you do any task using a GUI interface.
Just follow these steps -
1) In Project Information Area click on IP Catalog
2) Expand Communication Low-Speed and then click on XPS PS2 Interface 1.00 a
3) Right Click on it and then Add IP
4) It will automatically get added to your system assembly
5) Click on Bus Interfaces and then XPS_PS2 and connect it to the PLB bus.
6) Then click on Ports tab and connect clock and data pins as external. Check whether it has been added to external ports or not.
7) Then click on Addresses tab and generate the address for this by clicking generate address button.
Then save project from File menu. And then go to hardware menu and generate bitstream for your bit file.
Hope this helps.
06-08-2009 03:24 AM
Thanks for your reply. In my IP Catalog under Communication Low-Speed i dont have XPS PS2 interface 1.00 a.
06-08-2009 04:25 AM
The version of XPS i am using is 9.2 i and its an evaluation version will this make a difference, what version of XPS you are using
06-08-2009 08:25 PM
06-09-2009 02:18 AM
XPS PS2 is included in 10.1, I have not knowledge about 9.2 version just try to update your software with latest service pack for 9.2. If you are using webpack then you can download 10.1 webpack from xilinx site and can use the same for your board.