cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Load top.bit and elf file from hardware manager

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Vivado/SDK 2017.4 on Windows 10 working with Kintex 7 devices currently.

Sometimes I have a design that runs Microblaze using DDR as the code/data/cache storage, and sometimes I use BRAM, but for the times I use DDR I was thinking it would be nice if I could somehow load Top.bit, and also load an ELF file into DDR and start Microblaze all from the hardware manager in Vivado.   Currently this doesn't seem possible so I have to load Top.bit, and load and start the ELF file in SDK.   It would be nice for debug purposes if I could do all this in Vivado.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
No it is not possible to load elf into DDR from hardware manager.

If you don't want to use the GUI, then you can use the xsct command prompt to do this. You can create a tcl script to automate your flow
For example:

connect
fpga -f download.bit
targets -set -filter {name =~"Microblaze #0"}
dow executable.elf
con

Or, you can place you application in bram, then use updatemem to populate the bram with your elf, and program this in hw manager

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
No it is not possible to load elf into DDR from hardware manager.

If you don't want to use the GUI, then you can use the xsct command prompt to do this. You can create a tcl script to automate your flow
For example:

connect
fpga -f download.bit
targets -set -filter {name =~"Microblaze #0"}
dow executable.elf
con

Or, you can place you application in bram, then use updatemem to populate the bram with your elf, and program this in hw manager

View solution in original post