cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syuan523
Visitor
Visitor
8,965 Views
Registered: ‎09-18-2007

Manual IP version Update in EDK 8.2i

Hi all,
I downloaded a reference design from Xilinx, (http://www.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp441_designfiles.zip). When I open the design in EDK version 8.2.02i, I receive the following error message,

“Reving up design to EDK 8.2.02...
ERROR:MDT - Unrecoverable error(s) were encountered while updating your project”

I tried to open the project the second time, it did without error. When I try to generate bitstream, I receive the following error,
“ERROR:MDT - Ip plb_bram_if_cntlr 1.00.a is marked OBSOLETE
ERROR:MDT - Ip plb_bram_if_cntlr 1.00.a is marked OBSOLETE

ERROR:MDT - Ip opb_sdram 1.00.c is marked OBSOLETE

Running UPDATE Tcl procedures for OPTION PLATGEN_SYSLEVEL_UPDATE_PROC...
ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors!”

I suspect that when I open the project the first time, EDK did not update the IP’s due to the error. How do you manually update the IP versions?

Thanks in advance.

Scott
0 Kudos
Reply
2 Replies
Chadn_na
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
8,940 Views
Registered: ‎08-15-2007

Hi Scott,
 
In 8.2 EDK, the latest version of the plb_bram_if_cntrl is 1.00.b.
The latest version of opb_sdram is 1.00.e.
I would recommend comparing the MPD of the obsolete version and the MPD of the latest version and double check that all of the parameters and ports used in the MHS file match up between the two versions.  If the ports and parameters match up then all you should need to do is update the version number in the MHS, if they do not I would recommend going through the datasheets for more info on the parameter or port that exists in the older version and see if you can find something similar in the newest version.
0 Kudos
Reply
markabraira1
Visitor
Visitor
8,934 Views
Registered: ‎09-20-2007

Scott,

I am having the same problem with a reference design for a Spartan 3 Starter Brd.

The design was generated within EDK 8.2 and I am using 9.1.

When I initially opened the design, EDK took me through an update Wizard which updated some, but not all, of the design.

It left me with a log file, Version_Changes.log, which contained the following:


 The following files will be modified:
  system.mhs
  system.mss

--------------------------------------
 The following changes will be made:
 Core opb_gpio 3.01.a will be replaced by 3.01.b
 Core opb_v20 1.10.b will be replaced by 1.10.c

 Driver cpu 1.00.a will be replaced by 1.01.a
 Driver uartlite 1.00.b will be replaced by 1.02.a
--------------------------------------
 The following changes need to be made manually by the user:
 Core microblaze 2.10.a needs to be replaced by 6.00.b
 Core lmb_bram_if_cntlr 1.00.b needs to be replaced by 2.00.a
 Core opb_emc 1.10.b needs to be replaced by 2.00.a
 Core fsl_v20 1.00.b needs to be replaced by 2.10.a
 Driver emc 1.00.a needs to be replaced by 1.01.a

After much trial and error, mostly error, I edited the mhs and mss files to conform to the manuall changes indicated  in the last section above.

The core instances were in the mhs file, and the driver instance was in the mss file.

While this got me further along, there is more to this equation and I am not yet done.

Good luck.

Mark Abraira

0 Kudos
Reply