UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor andybolt
Visitor

Micro Controller System - Path to core instance

Jump to solution

Hi, im currently working on implementing a soft core using the MCS-IP in xilinx for a Spartan 3 board.

I have followed the manual:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_4/ds865_microblaze_mcs.pdf

I do the following:

Name the project: "project1"

Add schematic: "schematic1"

Add pin constraint file: "pinassignment1"

Add the ip_core: "blaze1" (under the normal ipcore_dir/blaze1)

Connects everything in schematic.

Synthesize the project

Open the TCL console

Writing the "Command>source ipcore_dir/microblaze_mcs_setup.tcl". (Finds the core and adds -bm option)

Then i try and implement the design and get the error:

ERROR:NgdBuild:989 - Failed to process BMM information ipcore_dir/blazecore.bmm

Following the guide this should be the result of a wrong "Path of core instance". Its says "This is the actual name used in the instantiation, prefixed with all hierarchical levels below the top instance, separated with /."

So i tried:

"blaze1"

"ipcore_dir/blaze1"

And more. But nothing seems to work. I probably misunderstood the descripsion.

Any idea what i do wrong? What should i write in the "Path of core instance"?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Micro Controller System - Path to core instance

Jump to solution

To avoid missing a reply, please don't double post. I replied yesterday to 217877.

The path to the core instance referred to is the hierarchical name in the netlist. In your case that would be the name of the instance in the schematic (right click on the instance and select Object Properties). InstName must match "Path to Core Instance" in the MicroBlaze MCS Configuration Dialog.

Please try that, and see if it works.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

I am seeign this issue too. I will look into this and let you know how I get on here.

I beleive that this is a hierarchy issue causing this error.

If you create the mcs form coregen, then use the created project that coregen creates this worked for me.

so it seems that some flows doent work and others do..... as i said ill let you know how i get on here.

0 Kudos
Visitor andybolt
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sounds great, looking forward to see your solution ;)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

To avoid missing a reply, please don't double post. I replied yesterday to 217877.

The path to the core instance referred to is the hierarchical name in the netlist. In your case that would be the name of the instance in the schematic (right click on the instance and select Object Properties). InstName must match "Path to Core Instance" in the MicroBlaze MCS Configuration Dialog.

Please try that, and see if it works.