UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer tmiddle
Observer

Microblaze BSP not generating vivado 2016.4 Zynq 7000

Jump to solution

I attempted to drop down a Microblaze MCS (3.0) into Vivado 2016.4 in a block diagram. I have it connecting via uart to the Zynq Core processor. When I attempt to generate the BSP I get the following messages which I'm not able to figure out. 

16:22:22 ERROR	: (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_iomodule_v2_4::generate : can't read "source_periph(0)": no such variable
    while executing
"if {$source_periph($i) == ""} {
                continue
            }"
    ("foreach" body line 42)
    invoked from within
"foreach periph $periphs {

# Get the edk based name of peripheral for printing redefines
        set edk_periph_name [common::get_property NAM..."
    (procedure "xredefine_iomodule" line 11)
    invoked from within
"xredefine_iomodule $drv_handle $file_handle"
    (procedure "xdefine_canonical_xpars" line 69)
    invoked from within
"xdefine_canonical_xpars $drv_handle "xparameters.h" "IOModule" $all_params"
    (procedure "::sw_iomodule_v2_4::generate" line 80)
    invoked from within
"::sw_iomodule_v2_4::generate microblaze_mcs_0_iomodule_0"
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1442] Error(s) while running TCL procedure generate()

16:22:22 ERROR	: (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1450] Error: running generate_bsp.

16:22:22 ERROR	: Error generating bsp sources: Failed in generating sources
16:22:22 ERROR	: Failed to generate sources for BSP project standalone_bsp_0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error occurred while generating bsp sources. Please check the SDK Log view for further details.
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.internalGenerateBsp(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:178)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.access$2(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:163)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2241)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer tmiddle
Observer

Re: Microblaze BSP not generating vivado 2016.4 Zynq 7000

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what happened, however this seems to not be happening now. I re-attached the UART and am not seeing this problem.

Thanks for the feedback, sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

can you share the project or the HDF?

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Looks like the variable is being accessed beyond its scope. A quick thing to try is to init the variable such that it's available in the entire scope in which it's being accessed.

Navigate to $XILINX_SDK/data/embeddedsw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/iomodule_v2_4/data/iomodule.tcl and in proc xredefine_iomodule, add the following line of code before the line "foreach source_pin $source_ports"

set source_periph($i) = ""

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer tmiddle
Observer

Jump to solution

Sorry I cannot share the HDF. It was a blocking issue for me I'm on a tight schedule and I didn't save that one. However, I did some testing and what I found was that it seems to be related to having the UART connected between the PS7 and Microblaze i.e. Zynq PS7 uart TX -> Microblaze UART RXD and Microblaze UART TXD to Zynq PS7 UART RX. By removing the UART connection it seems to build ok. I will attempt to add it back in for a build to see if the problem comes back.

I attempted to build a Minimal system to test, however this seems to work ok connected the way I had it in the full system. 

0 Kudos
Observer tmiddle
Observer

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what happened, however this seems to not be happening now. I re-attached the UART and am not seeing this problem.

Thanks for the feedback, sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

0 Kudos