Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Microblaze custom periperal change

Jump to solution

Hello,

I created a custom periperal IP in XPS. Doing changes to it seems to be very long-winded.

After I changed the VHDL code I have to do this:

1) remove the IP from PLB

2) re-import the changed IP

3) add the IP to PLB

4) manually assign all bus interfaces, ports and addresses

5) generate netlist

This really takes a lot of time.

Is there a way to simplify this procedure?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Assuming your changes are functional only (i.e. no changes to input/output ports or generics), you could simply use the "Rescan User Repositories".

If you have made changes to ports, etc. You will have to modify the MPD file and possibly the UCF, too (even the PAO and BBD files, depending on your changes).

In your custom peripheral, you can set the OPTION ARCH_SUPPORT_MAP = (OTHERS = DEVELOPMENT) which will ensure that, for whatever device you are targeting, the peripheral is completely resynthesised every time you generate a netlist, thus picking up any changes that you have made.

See UG642 for more details on that option usage.

Regards,

Howard

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Assuming your changes are functional only (i.e. no changes to input/output ports or generics), you could simply use the "Rescan User Repositories".

If you have made changes to ports, etc. You will have to modify the MPD file and possibly the UCF, too (even the PAO and BBD files, depending on your changes).

In your custom peripheral, you can set the OPTION ARCH_SUPPORT_MAP = (OTHERS = DEVELOPMENT) which will ensure that, for whatever device you are targeting, the peripheral is completely resynthesised every time you generate a netlist, thus picking up any changes that you have made.

See UG642 for more details on that option usage.

Regards,

Howard

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Howard,

this was a useful hint.

It is necessary to set the custom peripherial to DEVELOPMENT state as you described. Than re-scanning user repositories really accepts the changes.

Thank you!

Viktor

0 Kudos