Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Microblaze strange disassembly code

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm writing the code for microblaze to control an HDMI video stream, I write and debug the code step by step, each time I add few lines of code I debug them.

After write a few lines of code, I'm not able to debug my application, the system debugger stops at program entry in the Program Counter 0x00000000 but is not pointing at the right place.
The dissassembly is the same for every line of my code:

add           r0 , r0 , r0

So all my sowftare "translate" in that same "add" instruction.

First thing I made is delete the last lines of code I wrote but without success.

What's going on? There are no error or warnings

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

to solve the situation I deleted all files of SDK project and created a new project application with the same source.
Now works

Regards

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

The debugger is trying to debug all zeros (empty memory).     Something has gone wrong, so perhaps it's time to restart the SDK, maybe even reboot your PC.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

It appears like your memory is not functioning correctly. Have you tried to run memory tests? You can also try to verify if the elf has been downloaded correctly to the memory. This can be done by running verify command in XSDB, after you download the elf

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi all,

@jmccluskI restarted SDK, reboot the system and nothing changed.

@sadananI don't understand "memory is not functioning correctly", I'm debugging so I always configure the FPGA with usb programming cable, never used the external SPI memory.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

to solve the situation I deleted all files of SDK project and created a new project application with the same source.
Now works

Regards

View solution in original post

Tags (1)