UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant cau4kien
Participant

New created BSP gets errors when building basic start up platform

Jump to solution

Using

Xilinx Software Development Kit

Release Version: Release 14.7 Build SDK_P.20131013

I have created a new BSP for Spartan6 design with Microblaze and AXI bus protocol, because I have problem with integrating the AXI_INTC (interrupt controller), so I try to move on without the AXI_INTC for now. the BSP omitted the header files for intc IP such as xintc_l.h etc ... I manually added in those hearder files so the building process can proceed further to the point the error occurred causing by the the module "profile_mcount_arm.s" regarding the Assembler as below:

"profile_mcount_arm.s" source code:

============================================================================================

// based on "ARM Profiling Implementation" from Sourcery G++ Lite for ARM EABI

.globl

__gnu_mcount_nc

.type

__gnu_mcount_nc, %function

__gnu_mcount_nc:

push {r0, r1, r2, r3, lr}

subs r1, lr, #0

/* callee - current lr */

ldr r0, [sp, #20]

/* caller - at the top of the stack */

bl mcount

/* when __gnu_mcount_nc is called */

pop {r0, r1, r2, r3, ip, lr}

bx ip

.end __gnu_mcount_nc

===========================================================================================

error messages are:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.o" "../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S"

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S: Assembler messages:

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S:26: Error: unknown opcode "push"

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S:27: Error: unknown opcode "subs"

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S:28: Error: unknown opcode "ldr"

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S:29: Error: unknown opcode "bl"

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S:30: Error: unknown opcode "pop"

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S:31: Error: unknown opcode "bx"

../characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.S:33: Error: missing .func

make: *** [characterization_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v3_11_a/src/profile/profile_mcount_arm.o] Error 1

21:46:27 Build Finished (took 1s.480ms)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also see the attachment.

How can I fix this or I have to intergrate the AXI_INCT IP to use with the MicroBlaze processor?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: New created BSP gets errors when building basic start up platform

Jump to solution

Hi,

Great. Can we mark this forum post as solved? Let us move on to the other INTC issue :)

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Participant cau4kien
Participant

Jump to solution
Oooops, I attached a wrong snapshot, forum moderator please remove it.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Participant cau4kien
Participant

Jump to solution

Here is the right one.

SDK Snapshot.PNG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you attach the workspace? It looks that you are trying to compile the application with profile configuration.

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Participant cau4kien
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi Hem,

Attached is the zip file of my software development, which included:

- the hardware platform folder,

- the initial application folder (which only has the hello_world.c program ...lol)

- and the BSP generated by SDK.

I just simply build the project with hello_world.c then the error occured.Try to locate where to put the assembler, but don't know how.

I have used the SDK for couple years with the Virtex 6 family and MicroBlaze similar to this, but never seen this before

Please help.

K

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do attach your xml file also.

--Hem

0 Kudos
Participant cau4kien
Participant

Jump to solution

Hem,

I DELETED whole directory even the ISE workspace, then created everything from scratch. it works fine !!! still have to manually added the intc.h, intc_l.h hearder files related to axi_intc ip,( which I still have problem).

The tool was not smart enough to recognize that the axi_intc ip was omitted, because I can move on without it for now.

Anyway, thank for your help. If you can look at my other issue related to integrate the axi_intc in XPS I would deeply appriciate.I already sent the issue description to my local FAE, but no one is availble to help until sometime next week  :-( 

K

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Great. Can we mark this forum post as solved? Let us move on to the other INTC issue :)

--Hem

0 Kudos