03-12-2012 11:22 AM - edited 03-12-2012 11:31 AM
Known no official support for ubuntu, but so far got majority part working without any issues. I'd like to hang on with it.
One thing left is the external URL links in SDK, for example "Documentation" link in .mss. Opens well in SDK on Windows. But in ubuntu 10.10 x64
Either: (When Chrome as default browser)
/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome: /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome)
Or (When Firefox as default browser)
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib/firefox-10.0.2/libxpcom.so: libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Couldn't load XPCOM.
$ strings /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX GLIBCXX_3.4 GLIBCXX_3.4.1 GLIBCXX_3.4.2 GLIBCXX_3.4.3 GLIBCXX_3.4.4 GLIBCXX_3.4.5 GLIBCXX_3.4.6 GLIBCXX_3.4.7 GLIBCXX_3.4.8 GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
Anyone familiar with this aspect and got a walkaround or solution?
Thanks in advanced, any comments are welcomed.
07-16-2012 10:02 AM - edited 07-16-2012 10:12 AM
Here's a fix from the blog http://daskunkee.blogspot.com/
(search for the error to find the text below)
"Turns out it ships with libstdc++ v. 6.0.8. Ubuntu 11.04 is currently at v. 6.0.14. To solve this library version conflict, simply put '/opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin/libstdc++*' somewhere safe and replace them with symlinks to `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6` and it should come up just fine!"
In my case I'm using Xilinx ISE 13.4 installed on x64 CentOS 6 so it was slightly different. It took a little looking to see what shared objects were installed on my machine but to set things up it was:
cd /opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64 (or wherever you installation is)
mv ./libstdc++.so ./libstdc++.so.bak
mv ./libstdc++.so.6 ./libstdc++.so.6.bak
mv ./libstdc++.so.6.0.8 ./libstdc++.so.6.0.8.bak
ln -s /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 ./libstdc++.so.6
Note that I only needed the single simlink using the .so.6 shared objects since my OS doesn't have the libstdc++.so
With that I am now able to view web pages launched from ISE. I also made one other change that I noticed from other web pages that by itself didn't change anything but should be noted. I edited my /etc/profile to include the line:
Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. If I get a minute I'll remove it to see if it changes anything and update this post.
Hope that helps!
12-01-2012 12:38 PM
I can confirm that the same problem persists with ISE 14.4 and Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal)
I was getting the usual error message of:
"Couldn't load XPCOM."
whenever the license manager was trying to open the website for obtaining a free webpack license.
as suggested above I re-named the offending libraries
/opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo mv libstdc++.so libstdc++.so.bak /opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bak /opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo mv libstdc++.so.6.0.8 libstdc++.so.6.0.8.bak
and made a link to the system libstdc++.
/opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 ./libstdc++.so.6
At least for the license manager this seems to work.
If anyone at Xilinx is listening, please fix this! It shouldn't be this difficult to run your product on the most popular linux distribution!