UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

No browser link opens in SDK 13.1 (ubuntu 10.10 x64)

Known no official support for ubuntu, but so far got majority part working without any issues. I'd like to hang on with it.

One thing left is the external URL links in SDK, for example "Documentation" link in .mss. Opens well in SDK on Windows. But in ubuntu 10.10 x64

Either:  (When Chrome as default browser)

/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome: /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome)

Or (When Firefox as default browser)

XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib/firefox-10.0.2/libxpcom.so:
libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load XPCOM.

Checked libstdc++.so.6

$ strings /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX 
GLIBCXX_3.4 
GLIBCXX_3.4.1 
GLIBCXX_3.4.2 
GLIBCXX_3.4.3 
GLIBCXX_3.4.4 
GLIBCXX_3.4.5 
GLIBCXX_3.4.6 
GLIBCXX_3.4.7 
GLIBCXX_3.4.8 
GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW

Anyone familiar with this aspect and got a walkaround or solution?

Thanks in advanced, any comments are welcomed.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: No browser link opens in SDK 13.1 (ubuntu 10.10 x64)

I'm having the same problem under ubuntu 12.04 with ISE 14.1. Have you figured it out

0 Kudos
Observer heber.green
Observer

Here's a fix from the blog http://daskunkee.blogspot.com/

(search for the error to find the text below)

"Turns out it ships with libstdc++ v. 6.0.8. Ubuntu 11.04 is currently at v. 6.0.14. To solve this library version conflict, simply put '/opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin/libstdc++*' somewhere safe and replace them with symlinks to `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6` and it should come up just fine!"

In my case I'm using Xilinx ISE 13.4 installed on x64 CentOS 6 so it was slightly different. It took a little looking to see what shared objects were installed on my machine but to set things up it was:

cd /opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64 (or wherever you installation is)

mv ./libstdc++.so ./libstdc++.so.bak

mv ./libstdc++.so.6 ./libstdc++.so.6.bak

mv ./libstdc++.so.6.0.8 ./libstdc++.so.6.0.8.bak

ln -s /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 ./libstdc++.so.6

Note that I only needed the single simlink using the .so.6 shared objects since my OS doesn't have the libstdc++.so

With that I am now able to view web pages launched from ISE. I also made one other change that I noticed from other web pages that by itself didn't change anything but should be noted. I edited my /etc/profile to include the line:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH;

Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. If I get a minute I'll remove it to see if it changes anything and update this post.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Newbie awallin

I can confirm that the same problem persists with ISE 14.4 and Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal)

I was getting the usual error message of:

"Couldn't load XPCOM."

whenever the license manager was trying to open the website for obtaining a free webpack license.

as suggested above I re-named the offending libraries

/opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo mv libstdc++.so libstdc++.so.bak
/opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bak
/opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo mv libstdc++.so.6.0.8 libstdc++.so.6.0.8.bak

and made a link to the system libstdc++.

/opt/Xilinx/14.3/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 ./libstdc++.so.6

At least for the license manager this seems to work.

If anyone at Xilinx is listening, please fix this! It shouldn't be this difficult to run your product on the most popular linux distribution!

0 Kudos

Anyway, not a supported OS as the others say!!!!!

Trolled right?

0 Kudos