UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor athanrah
Visitor

OpenAMP: remote firmware and Petalinux question

Hello,

I am working with a Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC (ZCU104) and I am trying to build an application that utilizes OpenAMP. I am currently just trying to create a custom version of the echo test example that is included in the SDK templated for the R5 RPU. I am following along with UG1186(2018.3) and I am running into some trouble. The issue is with the instructions on page 33(step 3, a-c). It says after the remote processor is created in the XSDK to create a new app using petalinux and copy over the .efl file from the app made in XSDK. It then mentions editing the .bb file to point it at our firmware so it is included in petalinux. I have done this and the only thing that is showing up in the /lib/firmware folder is the file that is automatically generated with we create an app in petalinux (the extensionless file that is the name of our app). I attempted to change the .bb file to point at the "firmwarefile.elf" instead of just "firmwarefile" and I was unable to build petalinux. Am I missing something in the instructions? Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: OpenAMP: remote firmware and Petalinux question

If you copied firmwarefile.elf to project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/<app-name>/files/
Just needs to change all <myfirmware> to firmwarefile.elf.
0 Kudos