Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kre8si
Visitor
Visitor

PLBv46_PCIe bridge Interrupt?

Jump to solution

Hi,

is there any way to send an Interrupt to HOST PC with PLBv46_PCIe bridge, not over Message Signal Interrupt!?

Because i work with Windows XP i can't use MSI.

- Or is there neverthelessb a way to use MSI: Enable MSI over the PCIe Configuration Space. Would this work? How then i enable the Interrupt for Windows XP.

- Can i use the PCIeEndpointBlock Plus with normal legacy Interrupts in combination with the PLBv46_PCIe bridge?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kre8si
Visitor
Visitor

Jes,

I'm afraid so. But the integrated Endpoint Block Plus within the Bridge supports also legacy Interrupts!

So i do the work and now my Bridge supports legacy Interrupts too :-).

I had to change the InterruptPin-Register [UG197 page 53], [UG341 page 90] and the Process in witch the MSI_Interrupt generate the signals for the Endpoint Block [UG341 – page 101]. You can use the code to set the register as it is implemted for the Virtex6 Root Complex in the registers.vhd. You have to connect the following signals similar for the Virtex6 RC:

cfg_do

sig_mgmtrdata

cfg_rd_wr_done_n

sig_cfg_rd_wr_done_n

cfg_di

sig_mgmtwdata

cfg_byte_en_n

tied_low(0 to 3)

cfg_dwaddr

sig_mgmtaddr(1 to 10)

cfg_wr_en_n

"1011" - for only write on the InterruptPin register

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
karlk
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
The PCIe bridge only supports MSI interrupts.
0 Kudos
kre8si
Visitor
Visitor

Jes,

I'm afraid so. But the integrated Endpoint Block Plus within the Bridge supports also legacy Interrupts!

So i do the work and now my Bridge supports legacy Interrupts too :-).

I had to change the InterruptPin-Register [UG197 page 53], [UG341 page 90] and the Process in witch the MSI_Interrupt generate the signals for the Endpoint Block [UG341 – page 101]. You can use the code to set the register as it is implemted for the Virtex6 Root Complex in the registers.vhd. You have to connect the following signals similar for the Virtex6 RC:

cfg_do

sig_mgmtrdata

cfg_rd_wr_done_n

sig_cfg_rd_wr_done_n

cfg_di

sig_mgmtwdata

cfg_byte_en_n

tied_low(0 to 3)

cfg_dwaddr

sig_mgmtaddr(1 to 10)

cfg_wr_en_n

"1011" - for only write on the InterruptPin register

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
olzetek_dhpark
Visitor
Visitor
Hi kre8si, I'm looking a solution to generate PCIe interrupt. The endpoint is SP605 board and the root complex is windows PC. I want to generate legacy interrupt( endpoint -> root complex). I used the "plbv46_pcie 4.06a" IP. I read your message. But I did not understand your description. Could you explain more detail? How to change the registers.vhd file? And what to do generate the interrupt? Thanks.
0 Kudos