UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Passing bram addressing offset and range to a custom vhdl ip

Hello everyone,

I'm going to buil a custom Ip on Vivado 2013.3.

This ip is intended to interface to a block ram to write in it some data.

The block ram is then connected on the other port to the uBlaze or the ARM, and the processor read this data.

I've written it in vhdl and used the vivado ip packager.

In the IP Interfaces part I've correctly made it understand that that port has to be connected to a block ram ip.

The ip is now working well, but I would like that, when I instatiate a block ram and I connect it to my ip, it could take the Offset Address and the Range of the bram and could use it in the VHDL part.

Is that possible? I think yes and I think that is related to the IP Addressing and Memory page of the Package IP wizard but, after a lot of try, I couldn't find a way.

Could someone help me?

Thanks.

Andrea Albano
bdSound srl www.bdsound.com

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Passing bram addressing offset and range to a custom vhdl ip

moved to embedded board.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Andrea ,

Yes it will take case of the offset address.

But you need to see that your addressing or memory mapping should be with in the range.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Yes jangire,

I know it and for now I have a generic parameter to set the range.

But what I want it to be, is that the parameter would be passed automatically.

I know that it is possible since, when you use the wizard to create an AXI peripheral, it is automatically created this link.

The problem is that I did it myself and I don't find a way to say: "give that parameter the offset of the memory connected to that port".

There is not any tutorial that explain how to do it?

Andrea Albano
bdSound srl www.bdsound.com

0 Kudos