UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer zer0c00l
Observer

Petalinux UartLite garbage

Jump to solution

I have implemented the following design in Vivado

Uart1.png

in vivado the uartlite ip is set at 9600 baud, and the rx, and tx pins are set on JC on the IOCC card. In petalinux when I try to do an echo like echo "abcdefg" > /dev/ttyUL1 I just receive garbage on the other end. I am using a USB to RS232 cable

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer zer0c00l
Observer

Re: Petalinux UartLite garbage

Jump to solution

PROBLEM SOLVED

It turns out the USB to RS232 cable that I have been using expects 12v logic levels. I tried communicating with another micro-controller which also operates at 3.3v and it works without any problems.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer zer0c00l
Observer

Jump to solution

Ok this is weird. I added AXI UART16550, and tested that. It is also giving me the same garbage values. I have verified the baud rates, and tried different cables. Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Observer zer0c00l
Observer

Jump to solution

I tried the builtin 16550 hello world application in SDK, and that too sends garbage instead of Hello World. I have tried all possible baud rates with no luck. Could the problem be the way my interrupts are connected?

Here is the full design

Uart2.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer zer0c00l
Observer

Jump to solution

PROBLEM SOLVED

It turns out the USB to RS232 cable that I have been using expects 12v logic levels. I tried communicating with another micro-controller which also operates at 3.3v and it works without any problems.

0 Kudos