Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foucher
Contributor
Contributor

PlanAhead 13.3 to 14.2 run failure

Hello,

I'm currently generating a design containing partially reconfigurable modules using PlanAhead 13.3.

I have a design containing a partially reconfigurable area, and three reconfigurable modules that can be placed in that area: two implementations and a black box.

I am able to run the first module implementation up to the bitstream generation without any error.

But when I try a second run with another reconfigurable module, it always fails with the following errors:

[Place 850] Delay element "microblaze_system/system_i/axi_v6_ddrx_0/axi_v6_ddrx_0/u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_control_io/gen_parity_nowrlvl.u_iodelay_parity" has been placed at IODELAY_X1Y119, however, the delay controller that calibrates this element has not been used. If a delay controller has been instantiated and a location constraint has been applied to it, please either constrain this delay element to the same region or remove the constraint on the delay controller so that it can be replicated if necessary. If a delay controller has not been instantiated please instantiate one. For more information on IDELATCTRL usage, please refer to the usage document or  search the Xilinx Answers using the strings "IDELAYCTRL" and "rules".

[Pack 0] Unable to find packer comp for NC comp microblaze_system/system_i/axi_v6_ddrx_0/axi_v6_ddrx_0/IODELAY_CTRL.u_axi_v6_ddrx_iodelay_ctrl/u_idelayctrl_MapLib_replicate2.

The funny thing here is that no matter which module I choose for the first run, it will always succeed, and no matter which module I choose for the other runs, they will always fail with that exact same error, concerning a delay controller that is part of the DDR controller automatically generated by XPS.

Note that the DDR controller is not part of the reconfigurable module, and the delay concerned by the error (X1Y119) is not part of the reconfigurable area.

I've tried moving the partially reconfigurable area, setting it to different sizes, using different resources... I always obtain the same error.

A little help here would be really appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
foucher
Contributor
Contributor

Problem also exists in 13.4 and 14.2. Couldn't test 14.4 as it crashes as soon as I try to add a reconfigurable module.

0 Kudos