UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jimfred
Participant

Popup: 'Initializing s/w repositories' has encountered a problem, when starting SDK 2014.2 on Windows.

Jump to solution

0.PNG

And, SDK Log pane shows:

10:52:01 ERROR: Unsatisfied link error while loading librdi_hw_platform.dll: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no librdi_hw_platform in java.library.path

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant jimfred
Participant

Re: Popup: 'Initializing s/w repositories' has encountered a problem, when starting SDK 2014.2 on Windows.

Jump to solution

The problem occurs only when starting the SDK outside Vivado, using C:\Xilinx\SDK\2014.2\eclipse\win64.o\eclipse.exe, without setting environment variables.

The SDK starts without this error when launching SDK either

[1] from Vivado or

[2] using C:\Xilinx\SDK\2014.2\bin\xsdk.bat

Tip found here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/SDK-cannot-start-Application-Wizard/td-p/420685/page/2

10 Replies
Participant jimfred
Participant

Re: Popup: 'Initializing s/w repositories' has encountered a problem, when starting SDK 2014.2 on Windows.

Jump to solution

The problem occurs only when starting the SDK outside Vivado, using C:\Xilinx\SDK\2014.2\eclipse\win64.o\eclipse.exe, without setting environment variables.

The SDK starts without this error when launching SDK either

[1] from Vivado or

[2] using C:\Xilinx\SDK\2014.2\bin\xsdk.bat

Tip found here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/SDK-cannot-start-Application-Wizard/td-p/420685/page/2

Visitor apparao
Visitor

Jump to solution

Are you using remote install?

Is your workspace is on Local Driver or Network Drive?

We have issues on both the above cases.

If your are using network install, then try using local install.

If you are using workspace from network then use local drive.

0 Kudos
Participant jimfred
Participant

Jump to solution

>...using remote install?...Network Drive?

No - it's local. All team members are using local copies albeit at different locations on a local Windows drive.

0 Kudos
Newbie dalehughes

Jump to solution

I am getting this problem using SDK 2016.1 after going through the Zedboard ZynqSW_v04 training course.  On Lab 04 when I need to open up SDK again, I get the same error where it fails on initializing the s/w repositories.  

I can't get any further which is not looking good for using these tools in a new product.

If there is a bug that I need to work around, please let me know how to do it.

I am running the tools on Win 7 pro 64bit

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Participant geetha.diwakar
Participant

Jump to solution

did you get solution for that above problem?.......i am getting same problem and looking for the solution.if you have plz share.thank you

0 Kudos
Visitor papenfuss
Visitor

Jump to solution

I did encounter this problem as well under SDK 2015.4 (64bit) on Windows 10 (Creators Update). The solution for me, however looked differently. When switching to the XSDB Console I observed the following two lines:

ERROR: Could not find 64-bit executable.

ERROR: C:/Xilinx/SDK/2015.4/bin/unwrapped/win64.o/rdi_xsdb.exe does not exist

xsdb%

In deed this particular EXE had disapeard from my system. I checked with Defender and it had not been deleted by the Anti-Virus software. After de-installing and re-installing Vivado 2015.4 I now keep a safe copy of this directory and had to restore rdi_xsdb.exe several times already. I have not figured out when this happens. But it seems to be related when trying to use an updated HDF with an already existing FSBL project (being under source control and read only).

In hope that this may help someone.

0 Kudos
Newbie ajg

Jump to solution

I am getting this error with 2018.1 on Windows as well.

Launching from the bat file (which is what shortcut uses) made no difference. Launching from Vivado seems to have signs of life as it successfully completed initializing some s/w repos. However once it got to the "importing hardware specification" stage it then failed with the error:

An internal error occurred during: "Initializing s/w repositories".
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Note: Once this occurs you must task kill eclipse.exe as the application does not respond to user input and cannot exit cleanly.

Is there a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor balbir1430
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am getting the same problem.

I am using 64 -bits Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with Vivado 2016.4, SDK 2016.4. Whenever I launch SDK with "xsdk " command from the terminal it opens the GUI and gets struck. After sometime it gives the following error

" An internal error occurred during: "Initializing s/w repositories. java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError"

Cannot figure out why this error is occuring. Please help.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Once you launch the SDK, go to Window->Preferences and search for Network connections and change the Active Provider to Direct and try re-launching the application.

Regards,
Raju
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Untitled.jpg
0 Kudos
Newbie ashanuom

Jump to solution

I had the same issue. Turned out that the antivirus and specially the firewall was blocking the SDK from accessing online repositries and several other urls which are required for the initialization of it.

Hence, disable your antivirus and firewall then mark the the already blocked xilinx content in your antivirus vault as exceptions and try opening SDK. But the most reliable way would be to reinstall Vivado by disabling your firewall and antivirus and give full permission to access online resources during install. (A message will generally pop up asking for permission). 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos