cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Problem compiling application with co-processor

I'm trying to create a system with a co-processor. I'm able to add the co-processor successfully, however when I try to compile the example application i get the following errors: (FSL_BASIC_0 is the name of my component.)

drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c: In function 'basic_app':
drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c:43: error: 'XPAR_FSL_BASIC_0_INPUT_SLOT_ID' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c:43: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c:43: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c:49: error: 'XPAR_FSL_BASIC_0_OUTPUT_SLOT_ID' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c: In function 'main':
drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c:75: error: 'XPAR_FSL_BASIC_0_INPUT_SLOT_ID' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/basic_v1_00_a/examples/basic_v2_1_0_app.c:76: error: 'XPAR_FSL_BASIC_0_OUTPUT_SLOT_ID' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [basic_test/executable.elf] Error 1

I've included 'xparameters.h' and 'xreg405.h' to remove some previous error messages about undeclared variables. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tutorial that isnt (xapp529) that shows how to connect a co-processor to a PowerPC?

Message Edited by peterzal on 10-17-2007 03:52 PM
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Visitor
Visitor

Could you make sure such parameter 'XPAR_FSL_BASIC_0_INPUT_SLOT_ID' does exit in the xparameter.h.

If such parameter doesnt exit in xparameter.h, you have to change software setting to add parameter to xparameter.

you also can delete all lib generate by EDK then save project then compile lib again to eliminate some possible tool bugs .
0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

I am submitting a Post Here. I have a similar problem.  I added a FSL peripheral by just selecting VHDL files to import using the Create/Import Peripheral Wizard.

I did not add any driver directory and the xparameters.h file does not have the FSL peripheral Parameters. 

It was mentioned to add a driver in Software Platform Settings I don't see a way to do that.  Any Ideas how to get my peripheral setup correct.

Thank You

Gary Olson

0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

I saw in the MSS file that my peripheral has this snippet

BEGIN DRIVER
 PARAMETER DRIVER_NAME = generic
 PARAMETER DRIVER_VER = 1.00.a
 PARAMETER HW_INSTANCE = periph_0
END

I had a driver in a previous project which I copied to this project and then tried to change the name from generic to the

driver name I added to the new project.

BEGIN DRIVER
 PARAMETER DRIVER_NAME = periph_v1_00_a

PARAMETER DRIVER_VER = 1.00.a
 PARAMETER HW_INSTANCE = periph_0
END

This causes an immediate error.  Its says it searches through all the directories but I don't believe the software

knows about the directory I added to the project called drivers.  So If I can find a way to add that directory to the search path

maybe it will find the driver.

0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

Two things, I was using half a FSL.  that is there was no return path.  My intention was to send data to a FSL Peripheral but 

not to receive data from the FSL Peripheral.

It seems that you must create the FSL peripheral first to allow the tool to set up the xparameters.h file correctly.

If you try to import from existing VHDL files the option to set up the driver is not available to the user.  The option is available when

you create a new peripheral.

The HALF FSL does not seem to work.  but if you have in and out between the Micro and the FSL it works.

0 Kudos