Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Problem with file access in XPS!

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having a very strange problem. I can create add and remove projects and files into the XPS without any problem, but as soon as I choose the "Clean Project" on a SW, I get the following error message:

/cygdrive/c/Xilinx/10.1/EDK/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.1/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld.real: cannot open output file TestApp_Peripheral/executable.elf: Permission denied
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [TestApp_Peripheral/executable.elf] Error 1
Done!

The problem seems that cygwin or XPS changes the access rights to the file so I can no longer touch it. Not even from Windows or inside the Cygwin window can I read/write or change the access rights of this file.

I am really puzzled, I will stop calling the "clean project" but I have to find a way to clean up these files.

Really appreciate your help,

/Farhad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Visitor

Ok,

I found the problem! I had a crashed debugger in the background that was blocking the access to that file. When I killed thar process, the file was removed :(

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Visitor
Visitor

Ok,

I found the problem! I had a crashed debugger in the background that was blocking the access to that file. When I killed thar process, the file was removed :(

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
While this is very old, the same odd behavior appeared with the 2016.2 SDK. A reboot a day ...
0 Kudos